[Films Plugin] Need Some Help - Anyone Interested? (1 Viewer)

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Maybe some code from My TVSeries plugin is useful? At least some parts should be useful I guess. Check with Inker.
Mirk has also been very helpful with quick updates of the skin file (Spinsafe Revolve) for that plug-in.
Maybe he can help with the skin?

I am not a programmer nor a skinner, only a proud MP user :)

Yeah I have already planned to - because I think they have quite a good regular expression parser thingy in that plugin.

Thanks!

Surlyrich

Portal Member
June 7, 2006
This plug-in sounds like it would be a great addition to MP. Here is my 2 cents:

1) MediaInfo parsing of files (which would include resolution, videoCodec, audioCodec, audioChannels, audioTracks & subs)

2) Implimentation of artwork based upon database information such as resolution ect such is currently being used in My TVSeries plugin.

3) Database category for Box Set's such as Star Wars, and the ability to add a seperate coverart for Box Sets. Perhaps even have like a fan art background such as that which is currently being used in My TVSeries for box sets.

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
This plug-in sounds like it would be a great addition to MP. Here is my 2 cents:

1) MediaInfo parsing of files (which would include resolution, videoCodec, audioCodec, audioChannels, audioTracks & subs)

2) Implimentation of artwork based upon database information such as resolution ect such is currently being used in My TVSeries plugin.

3) Database category for Box Set's such as Star Wars, and the ability to add a seperate coverart for Box Sets. Perhaps even have like a fan art background such as that which is currently being used in My TVSeries for box sets.

I understand the first 2 points - but there is no real way to add the boxsets category, unless all the movies were in a folder - or something like that. Unless there is a boxset database i am unaware of?

Surlyrich

Portal Member
June 7, 2006

I understand the first 2 points - but there is no real way to add the boxsets category, unless all the movies were in a folder - or something like that. Unless there is a boxset database i am unaware of?

The way I envisaged it is that it would be a filled in manually, as would the section for the artwork.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Cheetah05, have you started any developing of this yet or is this project on hold at the moment?

I really think that your ideas were very good so I hope you have the time to do this.

ringsting

Portal Member
July 9, 2007
Xi'an, China
Home Country
Cheetah05, have you started any developing of this yet or is this project on hold at the moment?

I really think that your ideas were very good so I hope you have the time to do this.

Me too, this is the most exciting plugin for ages.

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
I have started and its in working progress.

I am doing some DIY in my house at the moment, so will continue to develop when I have finished the master bedroom :)

Thanks.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Very good news that you are working on this! Can't wait to see some results in the future!
Keep up the work but don't forget your other duties! :)

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
Just to let you know - still working on this - just slow process as I am not the best of programmers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom