Filmtipset.se - Swedish grabber (1 Viewer)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Let's hope somebody will take over filmtipset, and continue their effort. Unless SFI supports an IMDb tt-ID search it would end up being a fuzzy match search, and that is hard to do with AI as it would be outside of IMDb+ search confirmation dialog.

As far as I know there's no way to search by imdb id :/
    I really like filmtipset and I hope it will survive.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've added support for Release Date. This information is show in the Technical Details of the Titan skin. In the old version this field seems to instead show the date imported.

v1.6.2

Attachments

• filmtipset.se.xml
      12 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    v1.6.3
    Changed data source URL from nyheter24.se/filmtipset to filmtipset.se.

Attachments

• filmtipset.se.xml
      12 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    v1.6.5
    Support for the new filmtipset.se site. Unfortunately the new site doesn't support IMDb searches and does special characters poorly. For example it won't find "King Arthur Legend of the sword" at all but if you manually change the search to "King Arthur: Legend of the sword" it will auto match.

Attachments

• filmtipset.se.xml
      11.2 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've got @emphatic assistance as a Swedish user of IMDb+ in trying to communicate with Filmtipset.se if they can add IMDb tt-ID search capabilities to their system. They have all the info in their database, so it should be easy, but they might be hesitant to avoid a bunch of scraper-scripts using it and bypass any ad-system they might have.

Not holding my breath therefore, but who knows, if enough Swedish users complain at FilmtipSet they might consider it, as they had it working before via 3rd party domain.

Tried to bypass it via Google with a "site:filmtipset.se" advanced search, but FilmtipSet added extra HTML tags to prevent that.

Another option is to build a mini scraper-system that creates a small database to link IMDb tt-ID to the FilmtipSet identifier, which can then be queries by a scraper-script, but I'm not bored enough yet to consider this (maybe around Christmas) and would also rely on FilmtipSet to have some sort of "new releases added" system to avoid having to scrape their entire site each time to look for new additions.

PS: Vuego, you can strip special characters and redo a search if results come back empty on initial title. I apply many such tricks in IMDb+ to obtain better auto-matched search results.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks, I'll try to contact them as well about the IMDb search.

PS: It's the other way around. I have the filename missing the colon :)) since it's not a permitted file name character but I have to include it in the search, otherwise there's no movie found. Now it's kinda hard for the script to know where to insert the colon.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ahh, I solve that by using ; (semi-colon) character in filenames, and then I can replace that one for : (colon), but that might be outside of your scraper-script scope.

The things we do :whistle:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    v1.6.6
    In some cases Filmtipset adds an extra zero to the IMDb number. This update finds the correct IMDb number.
    Added support for file and folder names with semi colon which will be replaced with colon before searching the site.

Attachments

• filmtipset.se.xml
      11.4 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    There's a problem with certain older common named movies where the search returns many movies and the current movie is outside the top 10. Example: Speed. For some reason it seems that the scraper script only reads the first 10 movies even if there's many more returned on the search page. I don't know where this limitation comes from but even if I do find out there's still the problem in this case that the movie isn't even found on the first page so the script needs to also search the other pages. The search list is sorted by year and Speed is from 1994.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom