Filter Expression Help (1 Viewer)

crankshaft

Portal Member
December 27, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi Peeps,

I'm having some problems setting up filtered views in My Films and could do with some help please. I've got all my videos stored on a NAS and have setup My Films to look in 2 different places for content, "\\nas\video\kids tv-movies" for all the kids stuff and "\\nas\video\movies" for everything else. So, I'm trying to have it so when I start My Films I'm given the choice of Movies or Kids Stuff, which is straight forward enough. The problem is I'm trying to use the filter expression to look at the source folder but can't get it to work properly. I've tried various things like (Source > "\\nas\video\movies\") or (Source like '\\NAS\video\Kids TV-Movies\') but nothing works perfectly, for example, sometime I can get the kids filter to work but using the same expression (but a different UNC path) for the movies filter show videos from both places.

I suppose I could move the videos into completely different shares on the NAS to see if that will help but it's not ideal as the shares are tied into the DLNA features. I also don't want to rely on conditions like category as it's just not reliably enough!

Does anyone have an example of expressions that use the files location?

Thanks for your help in advance

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OMG I can't believe no one ever replied to you crankshaft - sorry about that!

You have several options in MyFilms to do what you want, but it sounds like you want to create two configs for the same XML database, each filtered based on the source field right?

If so, you should be able to use 'Source contains \kids' vs. 'Source not contains \kids' (or 'Source contains \movies' whichever way you prefer).
    Then you can choose to display a Config/Db Menu on startup to select which movies you wish to view.

Does that help? If not, then you should check your XML catalog file to ensure the Source field actually contains the data ;)

crankshaft

Portal Member
    December 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks Dadeo. I did get it working eventually, not sure how though. Went a bit click happy and all of a sudden it just ask started working. Thanks for the tips though, I'll be building another media centre shortly so it'll come in handy.

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If you get stuck again when you build your new media centre, I have written several new guides in the MyFilms Wiki under Setup Guides - the Pin Protection setup guide is probably the closest to what you were looking for as it uses adult/kids movies as an example, so most of it applies except actually adding a password ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom