[solved] Finally found out what was causing the database error when playing certain files (1 Viewer)

Peterpack

Portal Member
April 21, 2010
Home Country
I was getting that annoying error message about the database when playing certain files. The error message would stay on screen , the file would still play but no controls would work. You had to ctrl alt del and end task to stop it

Anyway i finally found out what caused this error, it was playing any files with a ' in the filename

e.g. It's always sunny in phildelphia

i used a program to globally remove this character from any filename on my computer and now no more problems i hope :)

Peterpack

Portal Member
April 21, 2010
Home Country
guys i did some follow up testing. i had the same file and duplicated it many times and renamed them to include one of the various different special characters, i tested every character i could find on my keyboard

e.g.

test ( 1.avi
test % 1.avi
test ' 1.avi
test $ 1.avi
test ? 1.avi

etc etc

and the only one with the problem was test ' 1.avi so it really is just that ' character which is the evil one :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The ' is used as a field separator in SQL. This can be a culprit. But normally this char should be escaped automatically when it is used inside a string (e.g. filename). So for me it's a Bug in the plugin causing this corruption. Best is if you can make a nice bug report.
    TIA

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you playing these files from the built in videos section, or from a plugin (eg. My-TVSeries)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom