Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    mazou,

you have some bad directx errors in mediaportal. TV Server is working fine. Run Mediaportal Configuration, TV Section and try to change Directshow filters for video and audio if it will not fix the problem.

2008-11-05 20:47:57.100797 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception :Erreur de l'application.
    -2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
    Ă* Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
    Ă* MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
    2008-11-05 20:47:57.103726 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception :Erreur de l'application.
    2008-11-05 20:47:57.103726 [Info.][MPMain]: site :Void BeginScene()
    2008-11-05 20:47:57.104703 [Info.][MPMain]: source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    2008-11-05 20:47:57.104703 [Info.][MPMain]: stacktrace: Ă* Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
    Ă* MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

Subigo

Portal Member
    November 6, 2008
    Hey mikeyko

Firstoff i would like to thank you very much for making all this possible.
    i started yesterday evening with mediaportal on a test pc cause i read about your work and i really love it.

i do have one weird little problem though.

I made an M3U list of some 25 channels.
    When i set it to scan, it will not give an error, but on about 10 channels it will say : new 0 Updated 1
    Those channels will not show up in the channel list, and when i add the channel manually and then assign it to a card, i can not click preview. it will give me the error : UnableToStartGraph

i can watch the same channel perfectly in Graphedit, VLC and WMP 11.

Do you have any idea what could be going wrong ?

Ill add all my logs and my M3U file, one of the faulty channels is RTL 5.

thanks a LOT in advance, i will be looking forward to your answer.

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Holstebro
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi..

Is it possible to scan for channels if you cant get this ---> (elecard://multicast_group:port:i=interface,t=protocol_type)
    information from your provider?

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    @stefanbaar : No, the correct url is with : and not with ,

Yes but is it possible to search for the channels if the provider dont want to give the url's to you?

If provider don't want, it is not possible to scan channels. There is nothing like "scanning", you must know channel parameters. There is SAP protocol available, that can send channel information (VLC supports it), but again, operator must support it

@mikeyko : I have tested a lot of codec and the pb is the same.
    And it's work's with dvd-t tv.

Are you using rc3? I don't know what can be problem. But you have some problem with MP Frontend, TV Server is working fine

Hey mikeyko

Firstoff i would like to thank you very much for making all this possible.
    i started yesterday evening with mediaportal on a test pc cause i read about your work and i really love it.

i do have one weird little problem though.

I made an M3U list of some 25 channels.
    When i set it to scan, it will not give an error, but on about 10 channels it will say : new 0 Updated 1
    Those channels will not show up in the channel list, and when i add the channel manually and then assign it to a card, i can not click preview. it will give me the error : UnableToStartGraph

i can watch the same channel perfectly in Graphedit, VLC and WMP 11.

Do you have any idea what could be going wrong ?

Ill add all my logs and my M3U file, one of the faulty channels is RTL 5.

thanks a LOT in advance, i will be looking forward to your answer.

It is some problem with channel names. Currently, TVServer is using channel name from Transport Stream. If channel name is unknown, channel name from m3u file is used. This approach is not working correctly for you.

I see in logs problem with connecting to tvserver:
    Er is geprobeerd een socketbewerking uit te voeren op een onbereikbare host 10.252.57.229:31456

Can you translate this message to english? :D

Subigo

Portal Member
    November 6, 2008
    [edit]
    That error might have been because i am installing the mediaportal pc in my upstairs room and i have to use a long ass cable to get from the downstairs TV network output to the pc upstairs.
    I had allready cleaned up the cable and stuff when i copy pasted the logs (dont wanna get in to a fight with my gf :p )

Thats probably why i have that error in the logs :p

btw, if it is easier for youto understand the logs, i would be happy to install the english MP

[/edit]

Thanks for the quick reply,

Roughly translated that would be "Tried to make a socket edit on a unreachable host"
    That is literaly translated. i think it means tried to make a socket connection to an unreachable host.

Kind regards,

Subigo

It is some problem with channel names. Currently, TVServer is using channel name from Transport Stream. If channel name is unknown, channel name from m3u file is used. This approach is not working correctly for you.
    Can you translate this message to english? :D

is there some way i can change the way TVServer gets the channel names ? so it gives Priority to the names i give in the M3U file ?

Subigo

Portal Member
    November 6, 2008
    Managed to solve my problem with the channels.

What i did was the following :

edit the M3U to only have one new channel in it.
    Scan that channel
    Export the chanel to XML.
    delete the channel and do the same with all the other channels that would not be listed.
    now i went in to the XML files and changed the channel names. they where all listed as 1E_E as channel name.
    Now one by one import the edited xml's again.

So when i had the all in the m3u and i pressed scan, all it would do is overwrite the same channel with different data :)

I got it to work now, so i am very happy :)

If i figure out how to give you one of those forums thanks i will certainly do so :)

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Managed to solve my problem with the channels.

What i did was the following :

edit the M3U to only have one new channel in it.
    Scan that channel
    Export the chanel to XML.
    delete the channel and do the same with all the other channels that would not be listed.
    now i went in to the XML files and changed the channel names. they where all listed as 1E_E as channel name.
    Now one by one import the edited xml's again.

So when i had the all in the m3u and i pressed scan, all it would do is overwrite the same channel with different data :)

I got it to work now, so i am very happy :)

If i figure out how to give you one of those forums thanks i will certainly do so :)

Great! It seems that it is possible to different channels have the same name in Transport Stream, so I decided to make small change in scanning logic - I will use channel names from m3u only. I will post fix later next week...

Subigo: there is Thanks button in every post near Quote button :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom