Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    ::NOTE::
    !!! This plugin is now a part of MediaPortal !!!
    ---
    download MediaPortal 1.1.0 ALPHA

As I promised, I tried to develop support for IP-TV streaming to TV Server. I Have finally a working solution tested by myself and I want to share it with you to additional tests.

New version for TV Server 1.0.2!

How it works:

I needed directshow source filter that is able to read Mpeg TS streams from network. Currently, I used Elecard NWSource-Plus filter (enwsplus.ax). This filter is working fine. Trial can be downloaded here: Elecard Group - Elecard MPEG2 Decoder and Streaming PlugIn for WMP - codec pack, dvd decoder, mpeg2 decoder, WMP plugin
    For future, someone (me? :) should develop opensource filter to avoid buying elecard, but I think this is fine for now.
    TS is then received by the same filters as with other tv cards (TSWriter). So everything should behave the same.

Personally, I tested timeshifting, recording, teletext. My provider does not support epg, so I don't know if it is working, but it should. :)

Distribution package contains binary files, sources and diffs for changed files so for tvserver developers it is easy to check what was changed.

Installation:

1. I am providing changed files only, so you must have existing working TVServer installation. Copy the whole bin folder from my distribution to your existing TVServer installation folder. Do not forget to backup old files!
    2. Next, copy TvBusinessLayer.dll, TvControl.dll, TVDatabase.dll and TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll to main MediaPortal directory. Files are built from latest svn.
    3. Start TVService
    4. You have to create m3u playlist for your iptv tv and radio channels and store it into TuningParameters\iptv directory. There is my m3u file for example, how to do that. Basically, for every channel you create one item in playlist with channel name and elecard url for tuning to that channel. Elecard url has following format: elecard://multicast_group:port:i=interface,t=protocol_type
    5. Run SetupTv.exe and if you have properly registered Elecard filter, you should see new DVB-IP card registered. Tuning process is the same as for other card types. Select your provider from combo box and click Scan...
    scanning.png

tv.png

radio.png

All other settings are the same as with other cards

Known problems:

Edit: none

I did not tested H.264 streams, so if someone have access to it, try it please and report results.
    Edit: I have one response that H.264 works

TODO:

SAP announcements are not implemented yet. If your provider supports this protocol, you can use vlc player to read it and then create m3u playlist to use with TVServer.

Until this will be in svn, I can make binary builds every week if there will be demand for that.

So, enjoy it!
    :D

New version: Multiple IPTV cards over single network adapter support (iptvdistrib2.zip)

New build for TV Server RC3 (iptv_rc3.zip)

New build for TV Server RC4 (iptv_rc4.zip)

New build for TV Server 1.0 (iptv_10.zip)

New build for TV Server 1.0 SVN1 (iptv_10svn1.zip)

New build for TV Server 1.0 SVN2 (iptv_10svn2.zip)

New build for TV Server 1.0.1 (iptv_101.zip)

New build for TV Server 1.0.2 (iptv_102.zip)

DirectShow source filter for IPTV (iptv_filter.zip)

Attachments

• iptvdistrib.zip
      30.6 KB
    • iptvdistrib2.zip
      30.6 KB
    • iptv_10.zip
      30.6 KB
    • iptv_10svn1.zip
      30.6 KB
    • iptv_10svn2.zip
      30.6 KB
    • iptv_101.zip
      30.6 KB
    • iptv_102.zip
      30.6 KB
    • iptv_filter.zip
      30.6 KB

Reenman

Portal Member
    August 13, 2008
    Hmm... I've installed "EAVCStreamingPlugInWMP" and "EMPEG2Decoding&StreamingPlug-in_WMP", both is registered, but I don't see any DVB-IP Card.
    Then i installed the Trial Elecard SDK 4, but I still don't see any DVB-Card in SetupTV.exe...

EDIT: Sorry, I still was too stupid to extract the files correctly :p

Hojou

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Fantastic :) I didn't try it yet - but you took the time to figure it out and that's what we need. I hope they add it in future versions of tvserver so installation/use will be much easier :)

hubamuba

July 29, 2008
    Wow! Its work fine for me! Picture and sound run smoothly, and channels changed very quickly (like VLC player). Thanks!!!
    Its next step for me to build dedicated htpc :)

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Wow! Its work fine for me! Picture and sound run smoothly, and channels changed very quickly (like VLC player). Thanks!!!
    Its next step for me to build dedicated htpc :)

Glad to hear it is working for you better than for me :D Tomorrow I will try to play with it more...

Manuelito

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Yeeeees sir, its works.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikeyko...thanks, thanks and thanks. :D:D:D

Tested with H264 streams (Cyberlink codec) and ok (a litte of stuttering in records but nothing is perfect, i have work with this).

Again, thanks.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    logs

Guys, please, if you do not have problems with 10 secs channel switching, please post your tv.log so I can compare what is different. I do not need the whole log, only the small part of it

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom