FireFly MINI remote issues

Discussion in 'Input/Output Interfaces' started by AndrewSH, October 5, 2009.

1. AndrewSH

AndrewSH New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: [default]
    Windows Version: XP
    CPU Type:
    HDD:
    Memory:
    Motherboard:
    Video Card:
    Video Card Driver:
    HTPC Case:
    Remote: FireFly Mini

--

I have just set up MediaPortal 1.0.2 on a laptop I hooked up to my new TV (turning the old laptop into a mock HTPC loading from my real HTPC). This NEW installation is working GREAT (with one exception)...

I do not own a normal MCE remote and instead am trying to set up the FireFly MINI remote. I understand that MP support the regular FireFly remote but the same settings don't work for the one I have. Is there a way to get this working? I really don't understand the "teaching" feature for remote mappings. When I try to "teach" the remote buttons none of the key assignments change!

I have also heard that one can use a program called LM Gestion but I'm still not sure how it works. I am able to use the remote correctly in BeyondTV (which is what the remote is made for) but I can only use the arrow keys in MediaPortal. The important stuff like BACK, PLAY, PAUSE, SKIP, etc do not work at all.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am one small bug away from thoroughly enjoying ALL features MediaPortal for the first time!!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!