Firewall on server blocking client (1 Viewer)

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Country flag
    198.168.0.20 is the server, 198.168.0.11 is the client.

I've done as requested, and attached the logs.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to remove MP2 and reinstall MP1, the two won't co-exist on my system. We've been without the ability to record TV since Wednesday when MP1 developed a problem, and as I'm back to work tomorrow I really need to get a working system in place today, I'm surprised the wife hasn't been moaning much yet. I would have really liked to have taken this opportunity to move over to MP2.

@ge2301 thank you so much for trying to help.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-10-04-13.41.58.zip
      263.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    Just for clarity. I thought having mobile clients for MP2 would be cool. Hence a lot of thought about firewall and edge traversal/security if I access server from outside my network. But from everything I can find MPExtended isn’t yet released for MP2, so the iPhone app won’t work to watch MP2 server content? I’m guessing MP1 is...
    Just for clarity. I thought having mobile clients for MP2 would be cool. Hence a lot of thought about firewall and edge...
    I'm struggling to get MP2 working here on just a client/server on same machine config. I'm running Win7. The eventual goal is a...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 worked here fine. HD TV over WiFi on a laptop in another room, with my server machine (hardened Win7) with DVB-S hosting, from start to finish in 30 mins. MP2. About 5 days of faffing around with every variable, and conflicting info/readouts/responses from the myriad ways you might try resolve issues. I'd accept maybe my...
    MP1 worked here fine. HD TV over WiFi on a laptop in another room, with my server machine (hardened Win7) with DVB-S hosting, from...
    I'm running a server/client machine (which worked ok until I detached the server) on Win7, and a separate machine with a client...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom