Firewall woes, mostly. (1 Viewer)

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Even then, it doesn't start properly, and needs stopping/starting for the TV config to load without erroring.

Have you tried setting it to "delayed"? I had a few issues with the service starting properly on a fresh install until I did this. I don't know why it worked. My previous MP2 install was set to "auto" and it worked fine.

Mr Whippy

Portal Member
June 18, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'll have a bash at that, thanks for the tip!

Lots of stuff to test out/try.

Just messing again here, and the server won't load up via the server monitor icon toggle, until I allow UDP on port 1900 from the server exe (even though technically it's allowed)... once it's connected, I can block it and it stays working fine.

It seems that if the server can't basically do an SSDP snoop of your network, it won't load? Or it needs several attempts. And/or the time-out is way too long.

I don't even get the logic really, since if you can set up a client/server network, adding hostname/IP addresses for the server/client has to be the simplest part of setting up MP2 any way haha. Ah well.

Cheers
Dave

Mr Whippy

Portal Member
June 18, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just for clarity.

I thought having mobile clients for MP2 would be cool.
Hence a lot of thought about firewall and edge traversal/security if I access server from outside my network.

But from everything I can find MPExtended isn’t yet released for MP2, so the iPhone app won’t work to watch MP2 server content?

I’m guessing MP1 is still the best bet at this stage? Or is MP2 due a big update soon to cover this feature set off?

Thanks

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom