First HTPC - Hardware questions (1 Viewer)

x000748

December 14, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
I would like to modify my home PC to double as an HTPC. For now, I only need support for viwing pictures, watching vidoes of my PC and listening to music. I would like to use Mediaportal as my media center SW solution. My current card does not support it so I need to upgrade. The machine is an AMD 3200+ with 1 Gb RAM and plenty of HD. My PC is located in the office which is about 20 ft away from my TV. I was thinking of the following setup: running MediaPortal on my PC, connected via HDMI to an A/V Receiver with HDMI input which then connects to my TV through component output or whatever. Apparently running a 20-30 ft HDMI cable should not be a problem and adpoting HDMI may position me well for what's coming.
Specific hadware: PC card: ASUS EN7600GT/HTDI/256M. A/V Receiver - not sure (have not bought one). The rest is irrelevant in my mind. Here is the question. WOuld a setup like this work? Can I stream whatever content from my PC to A/V receiver and then to TV (if video) or receiver (if audio) via HDMI? Am I totally off here?
If a question like this has already been posted and answers have been supplied, please direct me to the thread.
Thanks in advance.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom