First impressions (1 Viewer)

JDizzy

Portal Member
March 30, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just downloaded and installed this plugin based on the screenshots in the original thread.
I haven't really got to play around with the plugin yet and need to capture a few series to see how it works.

The first time I ran it, it found a show (about a 30 second snippet) and a popup came on the screen giving me a listing of what appeared to be 15 different shows.
I pushed the 'don't ask me again' button and the popup closed...

Was I supposed to choose the show off of that popup to import the info?

A few more questions:

After I capture a show, will the plugin go out and download all the show info without me telling it to?

Can you force an update?

Will the screen look as nice as the screenshots in the original thread?
(banner, logos...etc)

I am using the MePo Wide skin and copied the Blue Wide skin into my MePo directory and it seems like it will work.... but, so far there is not much there to look at.....

I am also using the 'stable' version 0.2.2.0 of MP.

<<EDIT>>
After running this a few times, I see how it works now.
But still is this plugin made to run with both the stable MP and also the nightly updates?

I am still figuring this plugin out, but it looks pretty cool

Thanks!
-JD

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Hi there.
Hope this helps.

Yes when the popup comes up you need to pick the matching show. In general the app shouldn't ask again. However I have found that it does if you place your series in different folders for each season for instance. I have Star Trek TNG in a different folder for each season "Star Trek TNG - Season 1" etc. If I add a new folder say for another season, it generally asks. However once found it doesn't ask again.

Next Question. Yes once the app sees the show it will go off and download the information. It finds the data at this site http://tvdb.zsori.com/index.php

You can force an update in the config portion of the tool by simply going to the Import Settings tab and clicking on the Start import.

I can't comment on the MePo Skin, I am using the Blue Two. But it looks good to me.
I run the latest SVN, I regularly install the newest one and it works fine.

Enjoy. I think its a great Plugin. I think you will too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom