First Install v 1.60 Final. Error Failed to upgrade the database (1 Viewer)

Steve-MP

March 18, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I hope the title may tell it all really.

I've been looking for a Windows Media Centre / MCE Buddy alternative for a while, and found Media Portal. (I use MCE B to convert from .wtv to MP4)

Downloaded the file from Sourceforge and started the setup process.

The first time I saw the error message was as part of the setup process, however whichever line that appeared at it then showed installed (the message disappeared itself I think) and the rest of the process completed without further hitch. I simply allowed the defaults (with TV) to complete

I should say at this point that as far as I know I'd never had Media Portal nor MySQL installed on the system before, though having tried a couple of other TV PVR programs I guess they may have used My SQL. I see that MY SQL is installed and when I call up the command line box and enter the default MP password it pops up some standard text and gets to a prompt, so at least at that level it appears to be OK. Afraid I don't know how to test anything else and the server configuration manager I saw screens of in the help pages doesn’t appear to be installed.

Really I am at a loss as to the next steps to take, most other references in the Forum to this error appear to refer to upgrades to newer version of MP itself, which was not the case for me.

At present my best assumption is that I may need to uninstall some or all of the components of media player or perhaps to some sort of repair to the database.

Detailed guidance on any solutions would be appreciated (or if I have missed the answer in the manual or wiki – the links would be great)

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom