[Approved] Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm using 4TR with the argus tuner and I also have slow motions, so I think this is related to ts reader.
    I didn't had this problem with mp 1.1.2.

Well, if you think there is a bug, you need to provide logs. Otherwise no-one can help you.

Mark

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Hi,

I'm using 4TR with the argus tuner and I also have slow motions, so I think this is related to ts reader.

Well, if you think there is a bug, you need to provide logs. Otherwise no-one can help you.

Mark
    He is using 4TR tuner not TV Service so he really needs to raise this on 4TR forums

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

Mark
    He is using 4TR tuner not TV Service so he really needs to raise this on 4TR forums

I saw this
    Reported that live TV can sometimes go into slow motion. Please post logs if you see this.
    in the first post and I have this probem, but I'm using the 4TR tuner. Only the tsreader is the same with mp and 4TR, so the problem is most likely in tsreader.

I posted this to help the devs ( Maybe they have no clue where the problem is ).

The tsreader from for the record is only a bit modded to read a tshift file.

But I attached the log if someone like to see it.

Bolk

Portal Member
    July 24, 2006
    Omg this patch works perfectly. Just found out and installed it right away. I was struggling with stuttering TV for at least 1,5 years now. I've spent lots of money on new hardware, gigabit switches, memory, etc. etc. Thank you so much!

I always noticed the disk activity led on my machine. I work with 1.2.0 alpha (not svn). Can't wait for 1.2.0 beta.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

As mentioned in a previous post, I have this patch installed and have definately seen an improvement in the stability of my system and less I/O.

The only intermitant problem I now have is random freezing of MP which usually happens when I start a recording without stopping another first. My issue is in the follwing forum with log files.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tal-v1-1-2-randomly-freezes-92699/#post714867

Any help appreciated.

Graham

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    This patch has now been committed to SVN, and will be part of MediaPortal 1.2.0beta.

This area of the forum is not for discussion of bugs, but is for technical discussion of the patches. Please could you limit your discussion to this topic.

If there are problems when 1.2.0beta is out, we can deal with them at that point. Please bear in mind that the beta includes many more fixes and enhancements.

Best wishes,

Mark

Testudo

Portal Pro
    November 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv

Hello miroslav22,

Version 3 (11th January 2011) runs very fine on my single seat system. Stuttering in HDTV is now nearly eliminated.
    :D for your greate work.

I hope it will be included in the next version of MediaPortal. (1.2.0 beta ?)

Regards
    Testudo

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: AW: Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv

Hello miroslav22,

Version 3 (11th January 2011) runs very fine on my single seat system. Stuttering in HDTV is now nearly eliminated.

Regards
    Testudo

Read the post just before your own post :)

Testudo

Portal Pro
    November 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv

Hello miroslav22,

Regards
    Testudo

Read the post just before your own post :)

:oops:
    I answered directly to post 1.
    :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom