Fix nVidia stuttering after resume without restarting MP

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by Pirppuli, September 10, 2009.

1. Pirppuli
    • Premium Supporter

Pirppuli MP Donator

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs
    I'm running MP1.0.2 on XP SP3 and GeForce 9400 IGP (and previously GeForce 8800 GTX, as well) w/ driver 190.62. Both of these setups required using the "Restart MediaPortal on resume" setup option to fix stuttering graphics after resuming from standby. With the StreamedMP skin, MPTVSeries and Moving Pictures plugins, resuming the HTPC and restarting MP would require about 35 seconds from pressing the power button.

While experimenting with Mame, I noticed that trying to start any ROM - even a nonexistent one - and exiting (don't know if windowed or fullscreen mode would make any difference) would instantly fix MP stuttering when it wasn't restarted after resume. Then, I noticed that running dxdiag did exactly the same...

Now, I have MP setup so that TV Server Power Scheduler is set to reinitialize the service on wakeup and run the following code (StandbyHandler.cmd):

Code (Text):
    2. @ECHO OFF
    3. GOTO:%~1 2>NUL
    4. GOTO:EOF
    6. :standby
    7. REM Commands to run when entering standby
    8. GOTO Common
    10. :wakeup
    11. REM Commands to run when resuming the system
    12.   start dxdiag /t nul:
    13. GOTO Common
    15. :Common
    16. REM Common processing of preprocessed values
    17. REM End of batch file
    This setup brings the time to resume MP down to 15 seconds, and makes the experience of using MP much more pleasant. Maybe there's something in the Mame DirectX code that could be integrated directly into MP?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wouter1971
    • Premium Supporter

wouter1971 MP Donator

Security Officer
    Ratings:
    +143 / 6
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    I think you have to sent tourettes a private message. Or post it in the development forum.
    If this works it's a great fix.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!