[Approved] Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber" (1 Viewer)

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    re: Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber"

Been testing the new binaries and script... pretty good so far.

Only two things I've noticed:

1 - And indication in the config gui (image url does get disabled) and the mp imdb screen would be nice. Covers take a long time to be found so it would be nice to know MP is "looking".

2 - In both config gui and mp imdb screen the first image that's downloaded is blank.

Thanks for your work so far Deda ;)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Ok, added wait cursor, small progress bar (left from Search button) and indication what is searching (you will see that on the button text).

Also small change in Script, when searching from GUI empty 1st cover can appear if IMDB cover is empty (small chance but can happen), and something is found on IMP Awards.

If 1st cover is still empty please give me the movie name so I can debug it to see why.
    //Found it :) sometimes can happen and just because of one "?" :) - I just re-upload new Configuration.rar

//13.5.2010 Added IMDB script with more AKA titles (IMDB_moreAKA_Version.zip) for one movie (change is only in IMDB url search)

Moved here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/submit-movie-info-grabbers-287/fix-imdb-aka-grabber-80425/index11.html#post630778

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

If 1st cover is still empty please give me the movie name so I can debug it to see why.

Have not seen that, PR are you using RC2 or a current svn, just to be sure on RC2 whilst testing this.

This is also linked to on our internal forum, atm still awaiting feedback, presumably is it a fix or a new feature :confused:

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Canada

folks.
    Sorry to ask. BUt I have read all the entries in the forum on the subject and I can't for the life of me get how to fix teh IMDB grabber. I have the problem everyone writes about. No tagline date or plot. Can someone point me in the right direction.
    I am running 1.0.2 ..the new version..

help

thanks

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Have not seen that, PR are you using RC2 or a current svn, just to be sure on RC2 whilst testing this.

This is also linked to on our internal forum, atm still awaiting feedback, presumably is it a fix or a new feature :confused:

Yes, Psycho is right, sometimes can happen, I fix that in latest Configuration.rar

Also created new patch files with new fix with that missing "?" and small progress bar.
    Changed files are:
    IMDB.csscript,
    MovieDatabase.cs.patch,
    MovieDatabase.Designer.cs.patch,
    IMDBCoversSearch.cs

folks.
    Sorry to ask. BUt I have read all the entries in the forum on the subject and I can't for the life of me get how to fix teh IMDB grabber. I have the problem everyone writes about. No tagline date or plot. Can someone point me in the right direction.
    I am running 1.0.2 ..the new version..

help

thanks

You can use IMDB.csscript from IMDB.zip. I think it should work with v 1.0.2. Just copy it into:

WindowsXP-
    drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\MovieInfo

For Vista and Win7-
    drive:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\MovieInfo

Just rename old IMDB.csscript there for safety if new one doesn't work.

Files in Configuration.rar is for 1.1.0. RC2

vsboost

July 16, 2008
    Home Country

Thank you so much for this fix, i hope the dev team will implement it otherwise i as sticking to RC2 with this fix..

You Rock.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Np, if this will not be implemented, I can (and will) recreate it for any future official release of MP because I'm also using this. That cost me only few minutes for compiling :)

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

As I see, in RC3 we still have same problems with IMDB grabber.
    So, what are the plans about incorporating corrected script into Setup?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Just replace RC3 script with https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/submit-movie-info-grabbers-287/fix-imdb-aka-grabber-80425/index9.html#post616673 IMDB.zip or IMDB_with_More_AKA.zip script. They are undependable from builds.

New patched files for RC3 is here. I made small changes in refining covers from IMPAwards (no more wrong covers from IMP), also in conflict movie list or in lookup list original movie is in red color, AKA for that movie is in black below red so now it's easy to distinguish where movie begins and ends.

WindowPlugins.dll goes to MP program (..\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows) folder, all others to MP program (..\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal) folder. Just backup original files in case something goes wrong.

Happy cover..ing in RC3 :)

//Update configuration: Changed colors by request :), IMDB number view and link to IMDB page

//Update IMDB Script: Actor list fix

Moved here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/submit-movie-info-grabbers-287/fix-imdb-aka-grabber-80425/index11.html#post630778

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom