[Rejected] fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause video... (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause vide

thanks for providing the fix - will test tonight. Is TsFileSeek used for rtsp at all? Filename indicates it's just for files... ?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause

thanks for providing the fix - will test tonight. Is TsFileSeek used for rtsp at all? Filename indicates it's just for files... ?

Yep, it might be .ts only. I have tried to stay away from the whole RTSP stuff :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause vide

Here's a streamingserver.dll that contains the similar seeking accuracy fix. Hopefully it solves the issue in multiseat.

In log there should be when the tested DLL is in use.
    -------------- v1.0.4 ---------------
    -------------- seek accuracy test

Attachments

• StreamingServer.zip
      77.9 KB

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause vide

Tried both of tourettes files today, but still after a couple of channel changes the picture froze.
    Running MP 1.2.0.0 Alpha, should i use the latest SVN?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Tried both of tourettes files today, but still after a couple of channel changes the picture froze.
    Running MP 1.2.0.0 Alpha, should i use the latest SVN?

Alpha should be ok. Unfortunately I'm currently in a place where I cannot oprn RAR files so I cannot check the logs if the issue would be the same or something else.

Does the streamingserver.dll reduce teh amount of the freezes happening?

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

replaced the .rar with .zips, maybe that helps ;)

yesterday i replaced only the tsreader.ax, i had the impression there were less freezes.
    maybe 1 in 50 instead of 1 in 10.
    today i used the streamingserver.dll and i got the first freeze after 7 channel changes.
    guess i have to test it some days before i can give a profound answer :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

replaced the .rar with .zips, maybe that helps ;)

Yep, it helped :) Looks like the issue is the same. Unfortunately looks like arion's comment in Mantis issue is right for the RTSP part.

yesterday i replaced only the tsreader.ax, i had the impression there were less freezes.
    maybe 1 in 50 instead of 1 in 10.
    today i used the streamingserver.dll and i got the first freeze after 7 channel changes.
    guess i have to test it some days before i can give a profound answer :D

Based on that I would say it is not helping currently at all the multiseat (TsReader change shouln't actually help at all).

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause vide

same result like MacGyver2k so i'll stay at least for me with my workaround :)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Please reject this as it workarounds just the audio loop but not the video one and it was just a workaround rather than a real fix.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

Rejected as requested by topic starter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom