[Fixed] Cannot import TV files (1 Viewer)

spiceygas

Portal Member
October 11, 2011
MP-TV v3.3.3.1972
MediaPortal v1.2.3.0

I've been using MP-TV for a long time with no problems. I recently needed to import some episodes of South Park and found that only half of them will import correctly.

As you can see in the attached picture, the search path is setup correctly, and the parser finds all of the video files for Season 10. (mkv's and avi's) (Look at the bottom, not the highlighted row)

However, when I progress to the import step only the .avi files appear. None of the .mkv files are there. And I've got other TV shows working perfectly well with .mkv files, so I doubt very much that it's the extension.

Once import finishes, if I look at the database then only the .avi files are there. Also weird, there's a Season 10 Episode 0...?

I turned up the logging level to debug and there are no errors in the log. Can anyone offer suggestions as to what is wrong?

Mediaportal.png

Mediaportal 2.png

Last edited:

spiceygas

Portal Member
October 11, 2011
So, I found a solution, though it isn't very satisfying.​
- [FAILED] Wipe the show from the database and re-import.​
- [FAILED] Restructure directories to import at the top level of the SAMBA share instead of each TV series.​
- [WORKED] Rename the files the remove the hyphens.​
The reason it isn't a satisfying solution is that I have hundreds of other TV episodes that are formatted with hyphens without any import problems. So why are these two seasons special? And why only a couple episodes within these seasons?​
It's no longer a pressing issue, but it seems like there's a more root problem to be found if the parser finds the episodes on the first screen but then just doesn't import them in the wizard. A parsing expression that works in one situation should work in the other...​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom