[fixed] Client can't connect to streaming server (1 Viewer)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
    Windows Version: Win XP SP3
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 4850e
    HDD: Hitachi HDS72251 6VLSA80 160GB
    Memory: Kingston ValueRAM DIMM 2GB PC2-6400U CL5
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H
    Video Card: Radeon HD 3200 (780G)
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.1
    1. TV Card: digital everywhere FloppyDTV S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.5.N
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD8)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink Audio Decoder (PDVD8)
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD8) & Core AVC 1.9.5.0
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
    HTPC Case: Antec New Solution NSK1480
    TV: Panasonic PT-AX100E
    TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

I have recently updated my TV Server and one of my clients to 1.1.0 RC2 from 1.1.0 Beta. For some reason my current client (Dell XPS M1330 with Vista SP2) can't connect to the Streaming server from the TV Server. The log entry from TSReader says
    09-05-2010 23:00:18.104 [8ec]Failed to get a SDP description from URL rtsp://192.168.0.9:554/stream2.0 Failed to read response: No error
    This has never happened in 1.1.0 Beta. Interestingly, the client can connect one time after the TV server has rebooted, but if I close the Media Portal client and start it up again, it can't connect anymore, until I reboot the TV server again.

Nothing else has changed, in fact everything was working right before the update today, but now I get this error, at least on this client. Haven't tried/updated my other clients yet. Logs from the TV server and the client are attached.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: Client can't connect to streaming server

I tried the StreamServer.dll from here and this seems to have fixed my problem :).

It also solved another problem I had: with 1.1.0 RC2 the video and sound was constantly interrupted with artifacts, in LiveTV and when viewing recorded videos etc. The StreamServer from the original RC2 release seems to have some serious problems ;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This is a very odd error you encountered there.

I guess you did try other codecs for video and audio? (Even though I am not sure that this will have any impact on the issue.)

RC3 is worth a try. :)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No, didn't try other video and audio codecs. It happened on all my clients, and it was working in 1.1.0 Beta, immediately before I did the update to 1.1.0 RC2. And the StreamingServer.dll fixed the problems. Surely the connection issue has nothing to do with the codecs. The artifact issue might, but it was also fixed with the updated StreamingServer.dll.

Will try out RC3 this weekend, hopefully it won't happen there (since arion_p mentioned, that not all fixes are incorporated into the official StreamingServer.dll yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom