[FIXED] Unhandled exception (crash to desktop or MePo crashed unexpectedly dialog) (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'll let the log files do the talking.

It is reproducable quickly when I enter MP-TVSeries quick (MePo v1.5.0 adds like a 60 second delay now to finish loading GUI elements (for LastMediaHandler and InfoServices) that did not happen for me on v1.2 with same plugins), and then exit and go to mvCentral plugin to open hidden menu. That last part might just be coincidence.

Attachments

• Trakt.Crash.7z
      230.9 KB
    Last edited by a moderator:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    At just a quick glance I think this might be a race condition between exiting and entering windows that do / don't support the trakt dashboard. That might explain why it's seen from going from BasicHome - > TVSeries i.e. (Titan basichome supports trakt dashboard and titan tvseries does not).

You can test this theory by editing the Trakt.SkinSettings.xml and removing the BasicHome screen from being a trakt dashboard.

It should be an easy fix, im just not sure if I will go the route of improved thread safety or improve error handling in that scenario...the condition you hit depends on SkinSettings and Dashboard loading delay settings. I will most likely pass the original window id to the calling function that failed rather than re-evaluate it which led to the issue.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm also fine with a try/catch that silenty ignores the problem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom