fixing TV Server steams at start up. (1 Viewer)

etsmc

Portal Member
June 20, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi we have a MediaPortal TV Server setup and would like to have it start up and stream channels automaticly and have the same channel on the same stream each time it starts up.. is this possible?

For a little history on the setup see the previous post on questions pre install here
Since the pre install questions we have added another 4 tuner card a SSD and a splitter/amplifier.

we can start up all the channels in the TV Server configuration under manual control but when we close it down it closes the streams. Also when i restart them they come up on a different tuner therefor get a different stream address.

There are a total of 25 streams so dont really want to start them all up manually if i dont have to.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello etsmc

Is there a reason that you need to close TV Server configuration?
    I ask this because the only way I can think of doing what you want is to leave TV Server configuration open.
    In my opinion, TV Server wasn't really designed to do what you're trying to achieve. It may be able to do it, but there are some obstacles like the current one that you might just have to have workarounds for.

mm

etsmc

Portal Member
    June 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No there is no need to close the TV server configuration but if we need to reboot the TV server it just takes a while to open all 25 streams. if there was some way to automate it that would be great.. also in the event of power failure would like the machine to come back on and just start up the streams ready to go.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if there was some way to automate it that would be great.. also in the event of power failure would like the machine to come back on and just start up the streams ready to go.
    Sorry, there is no way that I know of to do this.

etsmc

Portal Member
    June 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom