[solved] FloppyDTV S2 never works after resuming from sleep (1 Viewer)

Roy

Portal Member
January 29, 2007
Bergen
Home Country
Norway Norway
I know this issued has been discussed quite a lot in these forums, but I've never found anything that solves the problem for me.

I've used FloppyDTV S2 as my tuner for more than 6 years now, and it has always worked great as long as I turn the computer fully off and on. However, I've never gotten sleep mode (S3) to work with the card.

To reproduce the problem is very simple:
1. Do a fresh startup of the computer and MediaPortal and start a TV channel. This works great.
2. Shut the computer down in sleep mode.
3. Start up the computer from sleep mode and start a TV channel. I get an error message saying "An unknown error occured".

The log file for this is attached.

I've read through a lot of forum threads and done a lot of different testing. Some of the settings one typically suggest to adjust are no longer there in the most recent versions of MediaPortal.

I've upgraded the FloppyDTV's firmware and the "OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)" drivers for Firewire.

Any hints and settings to change on MediaPortal 1.9.0?

Attachments

• MediaPortal-2014-10-19.zip
    29 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Roy

The key thing with the FloppyDTV is that you have to reload the tuner after resume... and you have to give the driver enough time to load after resuming before trying to load the tuner. It should be possible to do this by configuring a Windows scheduled task to restart the TV service ("net stop TVService" and "net start TVService") and ensure that the "delay for TV card detection" is set high enough (maybe up to 120 seconds):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/06_General#Delay_for_TV_card_detection

There are no requirements for MediaPortal configuration as far as I'm aware.

Regards,
    mm

Roy

Portal Member
    January 29, 2007
    Bergen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!

Thank you for your quick and straight forward answer. I've now spent quite some time trying to tune this.

I made a quick batch file with the stop and start of the service. Then I scheduled it to run on Windows resume after sleep (as described in http://superuser.com/a/149924/216140 ).

The best I seem to be able to get out of the resume - from I hit the power button on the computer until I'm watching live tv - is 60 seconds (this with as "little" as 25 seconds on the setting you mention).

Doing a cold boot I'm watching live tv after about 75 seconds.

So the conclusion on my side is that I'm able to start up in 80% of the time. However, I'm a bit afraid that the stability won't be perfect and that maybe I need to turn up the delay to get it always working. So I'm sticking to a full shut down and start up.

Maybe later I'll throw some money on issue of getting a quicker startup of the system. :)

Anyways, thank you so much! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom