FM radio performance issue (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    And in case of MP2?
    It is the same. I can never make any guarantee about tuners. I don't design the hardware or write the drivers, and I can't test all of them.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I ordered new Hauppauge hvr 4400 with expectation It has hw mpeg encoder, but it does not. I I I am using sw encoder comming with the application WinTv7 for this TV card, but I have again sound gaps even with sw encoder from Hauppauge. I was trying also Ati sw encoder, but I have same issue - sound gaps. it looks like it is not issue of sw encoder, but MP. i tried plenty of cards so far without success. does it exist any solution how to improve fm radio quality? i can live with long time switch, but sound gaps are difficult to accept.
    Would somebody be able to recommend some Tv card with hw encoder,which is used in MP?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think time to explain exactly what you mean by "sound gaps", and upload a short recording to our FTP server so I can check it.
    I note this could be a playback issue caused by MP codec preferences as well as a software encoder issue.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Hello, sure. I apologize for long delay with answer. Please find attached video with sound gaps + log files.
    You can hear in video sound gaps (deaf gaps) at:
    • 1:30 / 1:30
    • 1:33 / 1:33
    • 1:40 / 1:40
    • 1:45 / 1:45
    I am using ATI codecs (atimpenc.dll and atixcode.dll - both are version 11.7.0.11130) - both are for x86.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Your logs show you're using MediaPortal audio renderer. That renderer is not good for live TV or radio (!!!). Please change to a different renderer. I hope it will solve the problem.

If it doesn't, please could you upload another recording - I mean a TV Server radio recording, not a video - for me to analyse. I'm only on a 10 GB cap so 72 MB is too much, and video does not allow me to analyse the stream in detail.

mm

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    So far I understood the MediaPortal audio renderer is the best for live TV.

I have in the audio renderer list:
    • Default DirectSound Device
    • Default WaveOut Device
    • Direct Sound: Soundspeakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • MediaPortal Audio renderer

Which one do you recommend to select? Should I change the renderer only for TV codecs, or should I change it also for Video Codecs, Blue Ray codecs and DVD Disc/Images Codecs?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So far I understood the MediaPortal audio renderer is the best for live TV.
    Best for non-live file playback.

I have in the audio renderer list:
    • Default DirectSound Device
    • Default WaveOut Device
    • Direct Sound: Soundspeakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • MediaPortal Audio renderer

Which one do you recommend to select?
    Default DirectSound Device.

Should I change the renderer only for TV codecs, or should I change it also for Video Codecs, Blue Ray codecs and DVD Disc/Images Codecs?
    That's your choice. It should be okay to use MP Audio Renderer for video, Blu-Ray and DVD.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Thank you. And what about decoders, can I keep LAV A/V decoders for life TV or should I change it to some other codecs?[DOUBLEPOST=1403026410][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If it doesn't, please could you upload another recording - I mean a TV Server radio recording, not a video - for me to analyse. I'm only on a 10 GB cap so 72 MB is too much, and video does not allow me to analyse the stream in detail.

It does the sound gaps again even with "Default DirectSound Device" audio renderer. I can not find the option to record the FM radio in MP1 - can you help me where the recording option for FM radio is? The record button on MCE also does not do anything.

Last edited:

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Sorry, I had to set up EPG (to switch for FM channels ON the EPG) for FM radio channels and then I could it to record. Please find attached record + log files.
    When I wanted to stop to record FM radio, the record red button in the middle on top of the screen was still there (but this is probably cosmetic thing).

Attachments

• FM radio record.ZIP
      4.3 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom