Folder view in moving pictures (1 Viewer)

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Is there any way to create custom category or filter for file location (e. g. "all video files on location D://movies")? or use some kind of folder tree stucture.

thanx in advance for any help or opinion. Have a nice day, reader of this ;)

123vak123

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2010
    Minsk
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    In Moving Pictures Configurator -> GUI settings -> DefineMovie Categories -> Add Menu Item (+) -> Edit Filter -> Matching Rules -> Add Criteria -> FullPath

JamesSunderland

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    What have I to do with the two other fields?
    When I let "egal to" and nothing for the 2nd, my moving pictures folders is empty.
    When I selected "begin with" and added letters of my hdd in the 2nd field, my movies displayed in the same folder again.
    I think moving pictures sorts files but don't want to display the hierarchy of the folders...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Create Custom Category "Movies on (D)", and add filter "FullPath" + "contains" (or "begins with") + "D:\movies"

and that is it. Inside GUI mode, you can then use F9 to bring up action menu and sort this view on other filters (which you can create seperate as well), but the default ones should be fine, such as date/rating/title/etc.

The whole point of MovPic is obviously to make the actual storage locations irrelevant, and just display all the movies. If you clarify in better detail what you are actually after, the answer will be more specific to solve that need.

I have over 500 custom categories myself, and am working on a plan to allow IMDb+ plugin to share those between cloud/users.

JamesSunderland

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    Okaayyyyyy
    I understand how moving pictures works now : I can reproduce my hierarchy using new nodes and rules associated.
    Thanks very much!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @JamesSunderland, you can modify your skin to do that. The Titan skin already shows filename in the "details" tab when you enter the movie details tab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom