Foobar2000 is not installed? (1 Viewer)

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I am trying to set up foobar as an external player. Have installed foobar2000 (latest version) and it works fine through it's own interface. In mediaportal (0.2.2.0) I enable the Foobar plugin but when I click on configuration on the plugin it says "Foobar2000 is not installed on your system". Well it is. Haven't been able to find any useful information on this one. Can someone please point out the blinking obvious answer that I'm missing here.
cheers
John

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Only the "old" foobar release mentioned in the plugin is working together with MP.

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks RTV. That solved the problem alright. I now have music playing through Foobar nicely... but with one remaining issue that you may have seen?

When I play music, the "playing now" screen comes up showing the album cover on the right hand side. The trouble is that this never leaves my display. Even if I navigate away from music using the "back" key, or go to the Home screen. This album cover always stays on the right hand side obscuring anything underneath it. This is not the case if the Foobar plugin is disabled.

I was experiencing this problem with MP 0.2.2 stable release. I have since upgraded to a very recent SVN build with no change to this issue.

By the way, all my music is on the hard disk in lossless wma format so I have installed foo_wma.dll to get it playing.

Any ideas?

John

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When they introduced the completely incompatible 0.9 api there wasn't any direct access method for MP to control it. Maybe there's a control plugin now which can be used. The main question however remains: After the introduction of BASS - which feature of foobar 0.9 is MP seriously lacking?

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    Well for me it's the issue of playing .dts and .ac3 audio files (they don't play at all, not even added as extensions). I can't get DTS Audio CDs to play either through BASS and ASIO (noise only, it seems the passthrough doesn't work somehow).

Aridyme

Portal Member
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I would switch over to using the BASS engine if it had matrix decoding for multiple-speaker upmixing (last I checked, BASS just mirrors the front speakers to the rear).

WinAmp and foobar have the ATSurround Processor plugin available for this purpose (AndrewLabs.com).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom