For The Record 1.3.3 Released (1 Viewer)

Veric

Portal Member
July 26, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
try the IP address instead ;) or an URL if you have on (that is DNS servers have your IP listed)
You could also do stuff with the windows host file but the IP is the easiest
Thanks for the suggestion, but the IP address doesn't work either. I can connect to the computer and browse it using both the IP address and the computer name, but not connect with the 4tr client...

Edt:

The female factor was reading her e-mail on the server and denied all my attempts to connect (she closed all the popups from my firewall program).
My own WAF is quite low atm... :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi, I just tried to do a fresh install of this for MediaPortal 1.0.2, and now it's kinda broken. :(

Used the 1.0.1 binaries first, couldn't start configuration due to version mismatch, found this dummy file, can now start Configuration, but it crashes with:

Failed to locate assembly 'ForTheRecord entities, version 1.3.3.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9a5dfc20b8d6175'.
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal Folder, the execution will now end.

Emph

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    And is that assembly located in the Plugins\Windows directory? It is part of the 1.0.1 binaries, so it should have been unzipped there.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    And is that assembly located in the Plugins\Windows directory? It is part of the 1.0.1 binaries, so it should have been unzipped there.

Yes, the dummy tvserver.dll is in the right place. I installed the plugin like this

1. Opened the "1.0.1 binaries" archive in WinRAR
    2. Opened the TV-Server configuration app and turned off the service
    3. Dragged the folders MediaPortal and MediaPortal TV-Server from the WinRAR archive into the Team MediaPortal folder, thus overwriting existing files
    4. Restarted the TV-Server and closed the TV-Server configuration app
    5. Installed the TV-Guide Importer
    6. Tried to run that, but get a "Could not initialize ForTheRecord serviceChannelFactories, check your configuration!
    7. Started MediaPortal configuration
    8. Got a TV-Server mismatch error and started searching here for fresher files
    9. Found the dummy file and now I can start Configuration, but if I click the Plugins entry, I get before mentioned error

If I remove both ForTheRecord .dll's from my plugins directory, the error is gone. But so is my TV as well.

Note: I didn't have ANY previous installation of ForTheRecord before I copied in the 1.0.1. binaries.

I have an analogue card if that's any clue to this. Thanks

Edit:

In my Plugins\Windows directory I have:
    TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll
    TvPlugin.dll
    ForTheRecord.UI.Process.dll (removed now to be able to use Configuration)
    ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.dll (removed now to be able to use Configuration)

Something missing?
    Emph

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Note: I didn't have ANY previous installation of ForTheRecord before I copied in the 1.0.1. binaries.
    There's your problem. The binaries are an update to 1.3.3.3, and it's clearly explained in the README in the zip file that you need to install 1.3.3.3 first before updating the binaries.

Version 1.4 will do away with all this manual fiddling, it will install out-of-the-box on 1.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. Life will be much easier :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you, it works now!

Emph

This plugin/app is really incredible. I wish I had taken the plunge earlier. Kudos.

My cable provider has joined Cartoon Network and TCM on the same channel, so Cartoon Network's on 'til 21.00, then TCM comes on.

Feature request: Would be nice if you could have a "show in guide between hrs" setting. So when you enter |06.00| - |21.00| for a channel, it's only shown in the channel list/guide between these hours. This would solve the issue above, as well as act as a filter for programs non suitable for minors etc. Or would this cause issues when you scroll down the schedule from a time before it's visible, into a time when it is?

Emph

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thank you for the praise :)

A channel start/stop time will be in version 1.4 actually, but it won't filter the guide data (yet). It will however make sure programs can't be scheduled outside the allowed broadcast times.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just a question, I think I've read somewhere (and from the looks of skins it's right) that some skinners get the latest for the record beta provided?
    Where can I apply :) ?

Would be handy to get aMPed ready. But can also live without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom