For The Record - The rule-based scheduling suite (1 Viewer)

Ernie-c

Portal Member
July 31, 2007
Belgium
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I am having a similar issue to what emphatic described in post 993 of this thread. In particular, if I try to tune a channel, I get a message that says "error starting stream. Not supported on your recording/tuner." If I go into my tuners and ping the tuner, I get the message "Server failed to connect to MediaPortal TV Server."
Was Tv server (and so the FTR plugin) still running ? If you can't ping anymore, something very basic is broken. Maybe the port to communicate with the plugin has been closed ?

mike0999

Portal Member
June 21, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks Ernie. Yeah, all the services are still running. I am using only windows firewall, although again it was working for a while when I first installed and that didn't seem to be an issue. But, I'll try shutting that off. I turned off my anti-virus software - didn't help. I haven't installed any other software after installing the 4therecord.

I am using the same computer as both server and client.

EDIT:

Well, I reinstalled again. So, it's working again. I don't see any difference between my settings now and when it wasn't working. So, guess it has to be something else is going on with my system somewhere. Guess I'll just have to troubleshoot if it happens again. I suspect you are right - something going on with the ports.

Thanks again for the help.

mike0999

Portal Member
June 21, 2009
Home Country
EDIT:

Well, after working for a few days, it just stopped working again in the same way as I described above. After turning off firewalls, antivirus, opening ports, etc., nothing worked.

I am running mediaportal version 1.1.0 RC2.

I was able to get it to start working again by simply stopping all of the "for the record" services, stopping the tvservice service, and replacing all of the dll's that we need to replace to get for the record to work properly with mediaportal after an install on RC2, as described at this link.

For The Record - View topic - MediaPortal 1.1 RC2

After replacing all of these dll's provided in this zip, starting the services again, everything is now working fine. Does that sound like a problem with my system or a problem with the fortherecord dll's?

I guess good news is that I don't have to reinstall completely. Bad news - this seems to happen every couple days on my system. Definitely appreciate any thoughts. I suspect that I may only need to replace the "for the record" TVService plugin dll to get it to work again. I'll try that next time.

Regards,

Mike

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I have a problem with installation procedure. After a few initial configuration windows I start setting the authentication for database (I use MySQL5). Test connection is confirmed, but I don't have OK button - still "test connection" button on my screen. I can't do anything with this, so after pressing Esc I get the message "Installation aborted by user" and the whole process ends.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards,
    kesar

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Are you running on a high DPI perhaps (the buttons probably fall off the bottom of the window :(). Try hitting Enter, or Tab and then Enter.

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    It's possible. I've had this problem with InfoService...
    Thx, I will try this in the evening.

Update: yes, it was the issue. Thx again.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Larzon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Home Country
    RTSP vs TS file for live TV...

I have two server/client machines (different households) with non-Argus FTR. Both machines occasionally have trouble viewing live TV, displaying the error "unable to play stream xx".

There are a couple of fixes for this problem, one being to change the RTSP Server address from Auto to the static IP address, and the other being to switch the FTR TV plugin from using RTSP to "use TS file instead..."

Given that both solutions seem to work (on my systems), but one involves preventing the use of RTSP, this brings up the question, what are the pros/cons of using real time streaming (RTSP) versus the TS file for live TV?

I'm talking about server/clients specifically, but I'm also interested to know how this relates to client machines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom