For The Record - The rule-based scheduling suite (1 Viewer)

Ernie-c

Portal Member
July 31, 2007
Belgium
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
sorry but dont know what extra info i can give you as logs dont say anything more. should i get a log line saying the bot was not able to connect? what else can i try?

Did you follow the steps of the installation guide, all is documented in there step by step.

madslundt

Portal Member
April 4, 2010
MP & for the record = no tv

I've just installed Mediaportal 1.1 RC1 few days ago and it seems very nice!
But then I would like to try "for the record", because I miss some recording options (earlier DVBviewer user). I installed "for the record", but now I can't go to LIVE tv?? I says something like my tv-tuner couldn't support.

What is the problem? I really need help to this, because now i have uninstalled "for the record", so I can see LIVE tv, but i still can't record my tv-shows/series..

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi madslundt

I moved your post to this thread since the 4TR devs are monitoring here.

1. See post just above yours
    2. If you still struggle, attach logs

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: MP & for the record = no tv

I've just installed Mediaportal 1.1 RC1 few days ago and it seems very nice!
    But then I would like to try "for the record", because I miss some recording options (earlier DVBviewer user). I installed "for the record", but now I can't go to LIVE tv?? I says something like my tv-tuner couldn't support.

What is the problem? I really need help to this, because now i have uninstalled "for the record", so I can see LIVE tv, but i still can't record my tv-shows/series..
    Like rekenaar suggested, please give more details and logs. And perhaps have a look on the For The Record forum to see if there's a post that can help you trouble-shoot (For The Record).

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MediaPortal 1.1 RC2 issues...

I've followed these steps:
    1. Re-installed ForTheRecord 1.4.0.2 ( I get a RC2 is not supported during install, but I can continue the installation but the MediaPortal TV-Engine can't be selected in the installer)
    2. Dropped the contents of the zip-file for RC2 in the correct places
    3. Tried to start the TV-Server configuration for MediaPortal and get:

Code:
    Failed to locate assembly 'ForTheRecord.RecorderTuners.Common, Version=1.4.02. Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9a5dfc20bd8d6175'.

I'm running Windows XP MCE 2005. What have I missed?
    Emph

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Regarding your point 1. I can't remember the exact question, but I think it is "do you want to take the risk of running on RC2". I answered YES and I was able to select MP TV in installer.
    Did you perhaps answered otherwise?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I chose "Custom" instead of Server/Client, and now I had the choice of selecting everything needed. All seems to work now but my shares. I get the "Failed to create share. Name not unique?"

I was going to use the same folders as before (setup as shares already) but I just don't remember what I'm supposed to enter into the dialog text field. I've tried with "H:\Recorded TV", "REC" (the resource name) but none of them seem to work.

Emph

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    In TVServer Config I have the following:
    Timeshifting Folder = F:\Timeshift
    Recording Folders = E:\TV Opnames

Both shared individually in windows explorer.
    IIRC that's all to it.

If this does not help, maybe some other hints in the pdf manual?

mike0999

Portal Member
    June 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi everyone,

I am having a similar issue to what emphatic described in post 993 of this thread. In particular, if I try to tune a channel, I get a message that says "error starting stream. Not supported on your recording/tuner." If I go into my tuners and ping the tuner, I get the message "Server failed to connect to MediaPortal TV Server."

I haven't changed any of my IP address or other settings. It was working for me yesterday evening, and when I tried to use it today, I got these messages.

This is actually the second time I've run into this issue, and both times it seemed to change from working to not working without me making any configuration changes. Very odd.

Last time I simply reinstalled 4 the record, and that solved the issue. But, given that it has happened to me again, I'd like to figure out what it happening so that I don't have to keep reinstalling if it happens again. I checked the log and it had no messages other than that 4 the record had started or something like that.

Any thoughts or suggestions regarding what I should or could check?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom