For The Record - The rule-based scheduling suite (1 Viewer)

Midget

Portal Pro
October 1, 2007
Siena
Home Country
Italy Italy
Houston we have a problem ;)

I've reinstalled all (TVE3 and TVS) cleaning the db in the process.
Until now I've used the xml file to import the TV Guide inside TVS.
From this installation I wanted to try EPG sync feature in the plugin.

The TV Guide data is imported in TVE3 with the xml file grabbed from MP plugin. The plugin does his job once a day.

The first TVS sync went without problems. With the second sync I've noticed duplicated programs in the guide (and in the db).
The programs duplicated are always the last program of the day for a channel. The duplication occurs from 3 to 20 times.

I don't know what is going to happen when the schedule reach that duplicated programs.

:D

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Houston we have a problem ;)

I've reinstalled all (TVE3 and TVS) cleaning the db in the process.
Until now I've used the xml file to import the TV Guide inside TVS.
From this installation I wanted to try EPG sync feature in the plugin.

The TV Guide data is imported in TVE3 with the xml file grabbed from MP plugin. The plugin does his job once a day.

I don't know if this is the source of the problem but I would strongly advise against this.

The sync-feature is there for DVB-EPG. If you have an XMLTV file please import it directly into TV Scheduler. Its database is much richer than the TVE3 database (which helps to improve your schedules), so it's not a good idea to sync the data afterwards.

visteon

Portal Pro
October 19, 2007
I spoke too soon about the dst problem.
I had only looked in the TvS management console where the time is correct.
In the TV Server management shedules tab the shedules are one hour later.
I have deleted them all but when they are refreshed by the plugin they are still wrong.

Any ideas ?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Huh? That sucks, seems like TVE3 keeps living in the past... Is there an offset setting in TVE3's settings somewhere?

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The xmltv plugin has an offset
    "Apply timezone compensation when loading ..."
    Tick the box and stick something in the field.
    I have this to -1 in the UK (you'd think it would be 1 but whatever).

Rich

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    OK, but normally that should not have an effect on schedules created by TV Scheduler's TVE3 plugin... Because the plugin really doesn't do anything more than copy over the date and times from an upcoming program into a TVE3 schedule, so if the TV Scheduler management console shows the right times I really can't figure out why TVE3 takes these times back into the past :confused: Has anyone else got the same problem as visteon?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The sync-feature is there for DVB-EPG.

Mmmmm.... maybe you have already warned me about this detail... But that checkbox was so tempting :D
    Change the caption to something like: "do not touch this checkbox if you don't have DVB-EPG!" :p

Perhaps I should indeed add a clearer message below the button or something :D

In rulebased, can you map i.e. channel "TV2" to guide channel "TV 2 syd"

Sure, when you import an XMLTV file for the first time, the TV channel name will be set the same as the Guide channel name, but feel free to rename it as you wish. As long as you keep them linked the import will keep working just fine.

And the rules are always on TV channels by the way, never on guide channels themselves. This makes it possible to make two TV channels linked to the same guide channel, but still have different rules (e.g. an HD version of channel with the same programming as the normal channel).

visteon

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2007
    OK. This is getting weird.

Deleted everything from Scheduler and server at about 11PM last night, then re-imported the XML file and everything looked fine.

Checked today and everything is shifted by 1 hour - see screen-shot 1. ( I am looking at the Torchwood entry which should be 21:00 BBC TWO on 4/4/2008.

This is correct in the XML file.

</programme>
    <programme start="20080404210000" stop="20080404215000" channel="BBC TWO-bbc2mi@bbc.co.uk">
    <title>Torchwood</title>
    <sub-title>13/13 - Exit Wounds</sub-title>
    <desc>Not to be outdone by Doctor Who and his rivalry with fellow Time Lord the Master, Torchwood's Captain Jack seems now to be periodically pestered by Time Agency comrade Captain John (James Marsters). You'll remember that last week, after the team survived point-blank explosions (phew!), John popped up to promise dire deeds. And he doesn't disappoint, bringing Cardiff city centre to a standstill with further fi reworks, while unleashing a small army of aliens on the populace. It turns out, however, that John is not the brains behind the bedlam, so who is? It's a devastating episode - the story title (Exit Wounds) is as apt as ever - and a fitting climax to series two.

RT reviewer - Mark Braxton</desc>
    <category>Drama</category>

Now I deleted all the data again and it is OK again but for how long ?

I wonder if the EPG data is overwriting it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom