For The Record - The rule-based scheduling suite (3 Viewers)

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi again,

FYI, I just downgraded to .12 and now it works well again.

Any news when we can expect the new version? I understand it will have another type of dependency on TVServer.

/Peter

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    FYI, I just downgraded to .12 and now it works well again.

Any news when we can expect the new version? I understand it will have another type of dependency on TVServer.

Yes, the dependency will be the other way around actually, and even then the system will be able to handle an out-of-order boot sequence much more easily "picking up" TvServer once it actually starts.

It takes a lot of time getting things ready for the next release, expect a new name, expect some new features, expect more flexibility,... :) Don't expect too much either perhaps, don't want to overhype things as this is still a product done in spare time ;)

But I'm sure a lot of you will dig the new features, and do hope it will be to most people's liking!

But some sort of release date is impossible to give... Somewhere around or close to Towel Day perhaps... (look it up :D)

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Dvdfreak!
    Quick question: When do you think you can release a version for MP 1 RC1?
    I want to install my system as clean as possible this time.
    :D

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Does the latest TVE3 plugin (1.0.15 refresh) not work on MP1 RC1?

I'll see if I can recompile it with the latest assemblies if it doesn't, and otherwise the next incarnation of TV Scheduler will definitely work with RC1. Still working towards a release... :)

A now question from me this time :D

Are there users here that would like to beta-test the new system? But let me be clear: I'd really prefer it if you are more or less a power-user and would really test things to help get everything as stable as possible before release, not just start using it as a beta ;)

By the way, kkendall, the first two requests from your sig may soon be history ;)

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :D

I just updated from MP 0.2.3.0 svn x to the new RC1 and as I understand it, the conflicts manager in tv server already gives me recordingcard priorities when conflicts occur, that would already be awesome! But I'm at work, so I haven't tested it yet.

From what I have seen of the new RC1 it's already a huge improvement over my last MP svn, plus, this is the first time I start using tv-server (and have the ability to use your plugin! :p ).

I'll try your 1.0.15 plugin soon. I thought I'd better ask, 'cause it was strongly advised to only use MP1 RC1-ready versions of plugins...

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Does the latest TVE3 plugin (1.0.15 refresh) not work on MP1 RC1?

I'll see if I can recompile it with the latest assemblies if it doesn't, and otherwise the next incarnation of TV Scheduler will definitely work with RC1. Still working towards a release... :)

A now question from me this time :D

Are there users here that would like to beta-test the new system? But let me be clear: I'd really prefer it if you are more or less a power-user and would really test things to help get everything as stable as possible before release, not just start using it as a beta ;)

By the way, kkendall, the first two requests from your sig may soon be history ;)

Yes, I will test :)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I just updated from MP 0.2.3.0 svn x to the new RC1 and as I understand it, the conflicts manager in tv server already gives me recordingcard priorities when conflicts occur, that would already be awesome! But I'm at work, so I haven't tested it yet.

From what I have seen of the new RC1 it's already a huge improvement over my last MP svn, plus, this is the first time I start using tv-server (and have the ability to use your plugin! :p ).

OK, cool, but that's not exactly what I meant ;) There's other conflict management on the way...

I'll try your 1.0.15 plugin soon. I thought I'd better ask, 'cause it was strongly advised to only use MP1 RC1-ready versions of plugins...

OK, I understand. Perhaps someone can carefully test the latest TVE3 plugin I released for 1.0.15 and report back. The next version will in any case be fully tested on RC1!

khemical

Portal Member
    November 26, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, I understand. Perhaps someone can carefully test the latest TVE3 plugin I released for 1.0.15 and report back. The next version will in any case be fully tested on RC1!

I've been using 1.0.15 with RC1 for just over a week now and everything is working just as it should. The only aspect of TV Scheduler that I am not currently using is the web interface (everything I do is done through the management console) so can't comment on that but everything else is running just as well as it did with previous TVE3 releases. Will get the web stuff back up and going again when I get a chance but I see no reason why it wouldn't work correctly as well.

Are there users here that would like to beta-test the new system?

I'm happy to offer up some help if you need more testers. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom