For The Record - The rule-based scheduling suite (3 Viewers)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I've been using 1.0.15 with RC1 for just over a week now and everything is working just as it should. The only aspect of TV Scheduler that I am not currently using is the web interface (everything I do is done through the management console) so can't comment on that but everything else is running just as well as it did with previous TVE3 releases. Will get the web stuff back up and going again when I get a chance but I see no reason why it wouldn't work correctly as well.

Yes, that will work fine. The only component that actually talks to TVE3 is the TVE3 plugin, so: excellent news.

vertiger

Portal Pro
July 8, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Are there users here that would like to beta-test the new system? But let me be clear: I'd really prefer it if you are more or less a power-user and would really test things to help get everything as stable as possible before release, not just start using it as a beta ;)

power-user --> yes
willing to help / test --> yes

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Thanks all for the responses, I have enough people that have offered to test with SQL Express now. Any power users out there that would like to test with MySQL 5?

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thanks all for the responses, I have enough people that have offered to test with SQL Express now. Any power users out there that would like to test with MySQL 5?

I should have writen that i properly will be running with MySQL 5 :) As i use the MS sql on my "production" pc, the test pc wil be assigned to my MySQL running on my busybox.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
:D sunsetdk, you said after May 1st, right? Will get back to you then if more testing is indeed needed.

Because in the mean time: first round of testing has begun! :D So a general release coming closer and closer...

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Golly gosh I hate being late to a party....

I am just starting to use MediaPortal, hopfully(?) consigning my beloved TiVo to eBay (sob) instead of keeping tabs on Sky UK.

What I thought was missing in MediaPortal was something like the Series Link/Season Pass and I thought about writing one... then I found this thread.

Main question.

Do you have a simple guide to what it does/what it is and how to install it?

(This seems to be a bit of a problem in all open source stuff - no-one ever sits down and writes WHAT something is for/to do. If I'm not sure if it does what I want how can I make a decision?)

I >think< this is what I'd like but I'd like to make sure (and see how hard it is to install/confiure) before attempting it and destroying my TV viewing for a couple of days!!!

Oh and for stopping me dead in my tracks - I think I hate you (only joking).

(Oh well have to get back to my other plugin idea.)

Ernie-c

Portal Member
    July 31, 2007
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Golly gosh I hate being late to a party....
    Main question.
    Do you have a simple guide to what it does/what it is and how to install it?

As the first beta testing round has started, we are now also working on documentation and several guides. Everything will soon be put available, no worries ;)

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    :sorry:
    Sorry for the overlarge font (didn't look to see what it looked like).

Ans, sorry, it wasn't a complaint (how stupid would I have to be to complain about people doing hard work for little reward other than a constant stream of 'this doesn't work' - I'm guilty of that, being a new user.) - just wanted to make it stand out as it was the sole pertinent question.

I will be interested (or should that be drooling) to see what it does and how it works in operation.

Liquidtouch

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2007
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am wanting to install this primarily for the web service so I can program the TV when I am not at home. I have installed everthing (IIS, The TVScheduler, .NET 3.0 2.0 and 1.0, and AJAX 1.0. When I go to install the web server setup it starts the install and then just before the status bar reaches the end it goes in reverse and says it stopped installing before it finished and to relaunch it. Relaunching does the same thing over and over even after a reboot. I am going in order and have not yet put in the MP plugin for TVE3.

What would cause the web setup to not complete the install on a Windows XP SP2 computer?

I am running the latest version of MP 1.0.0.0 with the latest SVN in a Single Seat setup.

Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom