For The Record - The rule-based scheduling suite (3 Viewers)

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
If i remember correct Liquidtouch i had the same problem, and running the below command solved it.

"aspnet_regiis -i" under "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 "

René

Liquidtouch

Portal Pro
February 25, 2007
Victoria, BC Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
nope

DUH I was coping and pasting the whole thing and trying to run it....... I just looked at it again (this time not at 11:30 PM). I will browse to that folder and enter in the command after work tonight. Serves me right for not seeing the end quote and start quote on both sides of " Under " those make a big difference in the command. BAD copy+paste..........Thanks for your help.....

JK.

Liquidtouch

Portal Pro
February 25, 2007
Victoria, BC Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Ok, I need some clarification.

I currently use the Schedules Direct plugin for downloading my EPG data into Media Portal. There is no option to choose where to save that data and I dont know where it does save it. For this plugin to work do I need to get a third party software to pull the XML from Schedules Direct and save it in the XMLTV folder for this application? If thats the case then this does not use the same guide data as Media Portal but it should match?

Or am I way over thinking this?

Where is the local location that Media Portal gets its data from and can I export that to get my XML data?

Im confused.....:confused:

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ok, I need some clarification.

Where is the local location that Media Portal gets its data from and can I export that to get my XML data?

Im confused.....:confused:

Im not quite sure what you mean. But normally MP gets the xmltv files from the %program files%\team mediaportal\mediaportal\xmltv

What i'm doing at the moment. I have 3 programs generating my xmltv files, they are dumped in that folder, then i have a .bat file that copies all the files into the tc scheduler folder.

René

I have a problem i think. My xmltv supply a subtitle and a episode number, and by the look if it both are impoted. But if i tick record all new episodes only i only get the first recording as all of them has the same subtitle, is this corect? Does the tv scheduler look at the sub titles rather than the episode number if a sub exist? or am i doing somehing wong. Do i need to supply some log files or something?
Before i reinstalled i didn't have this probem, but i also let the TVE3 pluing sync the tv guide. Now i'm dumping the tvguide for tv scheduler to import.

René

Liquidtouch

Portal Pro
February 25, 2007
Victoria, BC Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
That folder was empty for me but I do in fact have a guide in MP. I am running a client/server singleseat setup with the latest MP1. By data I am unsure how the schedules direct plugin works, perhaps its putting the XML info directly into the database? I can not find my TV Guide XML data using the Schedules Direct Plugin with MP 1

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
You can try and set the tve3 plugin to sync the tc guide, i used that for some time, i know that it is not excactly what it is ment for, but it works :)

mrbenji

Portal Member
March 3, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

I'm using xmltv's tv_grab_na_dd (latest version) to download my lineup from Shedules Direct. My basic issue is that the resulting xml file has no reference to the attributes "repeat" or "new" -- so everything that's not a sports event is marked "repeat" in TvScheduler.

I've written a python script (attached) that seems to accurately determine whether a program is new by comparing the "programme start" time to the "previously-shown" or "date" values. In its current state it modifies any such programme block by adding "<new></new>" on a line by itself... a modification that doesn't work.

Thing is, I've been completely unable to find a simple explanation of what a new or repeat attribute should look like... there are references to needing to set it, needing to use "new" instead of "repeat," a Tribune data schema document referencing "xtvd/schedules/schedule/@new" -- but never an actual example of a programme block that's properly marked as "new."

I've tried adding new="true" and/or repeat="false" to the settings (start, stop, channel) inside the actual "programme" tag. I've tried adding a <new></new> entry to the programme grouping's body, as the attached script does. I've removed "previously-shown" tags when present. But nothing seems to tell TvScheduler "this is not a repeat!"

Here's a sample programme block:
Code:
  <programme start="20080506040000 +0000" stop="20080506050000 +0000" channel="I19571.labs.zap2it.com">
    <title lang="en">House</title>
    <sub-title lang="en">Living the Dream</sub-title>
    <desc lang="en">House takes matters into his own hands when he feels certain that one of the actors on his favorite soap opera (Jason Lewis) is suffering from a serious medical condition, but the actor dismisses House's assessment.</desc>
    <date>20080505</date>
    <category lang="en">Mystery</category>
    <category lang="en">Medical</category>
    <category lang="en">Series</category>
    <episode-num system="dd_progid">EP00688359.0086</episode-num>
    <episode-num system="onscreen">414</episode-num>
    <video>
      <aspect>16:9</aspect>
      <quality>HDTV</quality>
    </video>
    <audio>
      <stereo>dolby</stereo>
    </audio>
    <subtitles type="teletext" />
    <rating system="VCHIP">
      <value>TV-14</value>
    </rating>
  </programme>
My python script properly recognizes this as a new episode because the "start=" field in the "programme" tag is closer than 5 days to the value framed by <date></date>, however I have no clue what to do about it, despite hours upon hours of googling!

Can someone please rescue me by replying with what that block needs to look like for TvScheduler to consider it new?

Thanks!

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
The answer is very very simple actually: when there is a <previously-shown> tag the program is always marked as being a repeat, since XMLTV tells us it was previously shown.

So simply remove the <previously-shown> tag on those programs instead of adding a new tag :)

That folder was empty for me but I do in fact have a guide in MP. I am running a client/server singleseat setup with the latest MP1. By data I am unsure how the schedules direct plugin works, perhaps its putting the XML info directly into the database? I can not find my TV Guide XML data using the Schedules Direct Plugin with MP 1

When the "new TV Scheduler" is out perhaps I (or some users :)) can convince the author of the Schedules Direct plugin to write an importer for "new TV Scheduler", so to have the guide data imported straight into the system over the WCF services, similar to what it does today for TV Server (pump the data straight into the database).

mrbenji

Portal Member
March 3, 2008
Home Country
The answer is very very simple actually: when there is a <previously-shown> tag the program is always marked as being a repeat, since XMLTV tells us it was previously shown.

So simply remove the <previously-shown> tag on those programs instead of adding a new tag :)
That's the first thing I tried, actually... I only went on to the tag additions when that didn't work.

I did resolve the issue, though... apparently I needed to delete TvScheduler's guide data before importing my "cleaned" XML file. Once I did that then repeats were correctly marked.

Thanks for the reply, and for this scheduler... I love it!

mrbenji

Portal Member
March 3, 2008
Home Country
Python script to fix Shedules Direct XML files for TvScheduler

I posted earlier about my issues with Schedules Direct XMLs produced by xmltv.exe, which load into TvScheduler with nearly every first run show marked "Repeat."

I've got this issue resolved now, by first clicking "Delete All Guide Data" in the TV Scheduler Management Console's settings section, then processing my XML with a Python script I wrote and feeding it to TvScheduler. Oh, and the guide data deletion step should only have to be done the first time.

With this issue resolved TvScheduler now removes one of MP's biggest wife-acceptance-factor hurdles... no "First Run Only" scheduling. Yay!

In the hopes others in my situation will benefit from my efforts, I've attached my Python script. To use it you'll need to download & install ActiveState's free Python distribution (btw, you don't have to enter your name or email to download this... just click "continue."). Next, unzip the script to somewhere that makes sense, edit it to point to your XML file's location, then run markNew.py before copying your "fixed" XML file into TvSchedule's XML "inbox."

There's a setting near the top of the Python script that will do that last step for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom