For The Record - The rule-based scheduling suite (1 Viewer)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Drumroll...

TV Scheduler is dead, long live...

I will not overload the forum here with posting screenshots or listing features, everything is on the new site (For The Record).

The only thing worth mentioning is that an upgrade from TV Scheduler 1.0.15.0 to For The Record 1.1.0.0 should go automatically for SQL Express users (the database will be transformed automatically). If you are a MySQL user you can backup your "TvScheduler" database and restore it as "ForTheRecord" before running the For The Record setup. The only important thing is to make sure you uninstall TV Scheduler before installing For The Record.

May I invite you all to take the red pill and join us on the other side? :D

Monchi

Portal Pro
January 7, 2008
can't wait for testing this new plugin, but i can't find the button/link in the 4therecord forum to register! can someone post it here. it seems that i'm to stupid to find it on my own :oops:

khemical

Portal Member
November 26, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
can't wait for testing this new plugin, but i can't find the button/link in the 4therecord forum to register! can someone post it here. it seems that i'm to stupid to find it on my own :oops:

There is a login/register box at the top left of the For The Record homepage.

If you can't see that for some reason here is a direct link to the registration page: Register for For The Record here!

Edit: Ooops, beaten to it! ;)

Ernie-c

Portal Member
July 31, 2007
Belgium
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
As mentioned on our forum, we will put the recorder/tuner code available to the community, so other recorder/tuners can be developed based on the work we have done already, or existing ones can be improved/extended. We still have to work out how we will do that, since we want to make sure the quality of the code, and stability of the product rests assured. There are currently no plans to put the core code of For The Record available, because both our companies are associated with it, and so we want to take the full responsibility of it.

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Is there then any change that TV scheduler will be updated to support newer releases of TV server? There are still some open issues on 4 the record that makes me not want to use it (even tho it does look good). But i do use TV scheduler which is alos why i'm asking for the source of TV scheduler and not 4tR. :)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
For us, TV Scheduler is dead, just like I said in the announcement. Perhaps it would be more interesting if you let us know in what ways we can improve For The Record to meet your concerns (by all means, use our own forum, any input is welcome!).

Again for us, For The Record surpasses anything TV Scheduler did before, so in that way we have a very clear opinion on the matter: why support something that is obsolete...?

EDIT: I'd just like to add: I invited people to take the red pill, I suppose there are always people that prefer the blue pill ;)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    dvdfreak

The biggest problem for most users of this great software (correct me if i'm wrong, often am) is standby and integration use within MP.

I know you are working on both, but until these are achieved, I cannot use for normal day to day use.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom