Force an IMDb+ scraper-script update and How-to restart a full refresh in progress (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: IMDb+ Plugin v1.4.0.202 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.1.6

It would seem my issues may be related to Avallonis skin then.. but I still can't seem to update. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think that skin is supported as I also cannot get it to work in Avalon but it works fine on some other skins.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country

It would seem my issues may be related to Avallonis skin then.. but I still can't seem to update. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think that skin is supported as I also cannot get it to work in Avalon but it works fine on some other skins.

I will try in the default skin. I don't want to update Streamed MP as I'm sure that was the reasons I got in all sorts of messes previously with it updating plugins I had manually installed.

Forgive my ignorance but if it says in the IMDB+ Info screen of DefautWide that the scraper is at 1.4.6, does this mean it will be at that version in all skins? I can't check the info screen in Avallonis? Is it independant of skin?

EDIT: Also could I make a request for refreshing movies. Yesterday I began a refresh of my movie collection 1002 items.. My PC went to sleep after 400 updates, and now I realise its likely going to have problems! So assuming the new scraper is installed when I go to refresh my movies, I only have the option to 'Resume' the update from where it left off.

Could there be a menu item to Refresh ALL as well as resume? I guess now I will have to allow the old refresh to complete and then run the whole thing again.. A long time with a large collection.

Thanks

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country

I will try in the default skin. I don't want to update Streamed MP as I'm sure that was the reasons I got in all sorts of messes previously with it updating plugins I had manually installed.

I too was hesitant when installing the StreamedMP skin for the noted reasons. However I installed it but un-ticked nearly all of the plugins which are normally installed, as I already had them and configured, and it is running well.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country

Forgive my ignorance but if it says in the IMDB+ Info screen of DefautWide that the scraper is at 1.4.6, does this mean it will be at that version in all skins? I can't check the info screen in Avallonis? Is it independant of skin?

As I understand it, that is correct.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country

You can also check the version from the config screen of the plugin My Movies - that is where I grabbed those screen from I posted. Mine shows 4.1.6 now :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country

Well DefaultBlue says its 1.4.6 so I'm finishing the first refresh and starting it again after from inside Avallonis. Guess I'll find out in about 6 hours..

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country

Well DefaultBlue says its 1.4.6 so I'm finishing the first refresh and starting it again after from inside Avallonis. Guess I'll find out in about 6 hours..

If you change the setting to "Check on Startup", it'll check for the latest version when you open mepo and then if it's still on in 6 hours, it'll check again.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

If you cancel a refresh, it will resume right from that point.

However the system only keeps track of a single refresh, so to abort the full refresh method, simply refresh a 'letter' (from the A-Z refresh menu) that has a small amount of movies. It will then complete that letter and once finished 'clear' the resume system.

Then you can refresh ALL your movies and it will start with first movie again.

PS: And yes, a skin only displays the technical info of the IMDb+ plugin, so if one skin is unable to show the info correct that still means it is functional behind the scene. The IMDb+ plugin uses a very basic skin file. It only got updated once to switch to a listcontrol system a few months ago, which allows me to add new options without any skin updates required. So if your skin didn't work correctly, but it does show the IMDb+ scraper options inside a list, then there might be other problems at play with that skin in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom