Force an IMDb+ scraper-script update and How-to restart a full refresh in progress (1 Viewer)

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the update but I have downloaded it twice, once from the link in the first page and then from the link provided in the MP extension installer and each time I notice this...

.....the above tells me that the scraper is 4.1.5 and not 4.1.6 as noted in the update, any ideas why it should be like this....?e this...

Third time completely removed it, along with manually deleting the scraper from within moving pictures. A new install of IMDB+ now gets me this...

...an even older scraper from the new linked download.!

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    Re: IMDb+ Plugin v1.4.0.202 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.1.6

4.1.6 here, I just opened mepo and let it update itself.

Do you mean to update through the MediaPortal Extension Installer because I tried that but still end up with the old copy 4.0.1 shown in the second picture.

Manually downloading the file makes no difference so is there another method to update it..?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

The installer comes with the latest version of the script at the time it was published...when you are in the GUI there is periodic checks to see if a newer script is available, if there is then it will update. You can change the period of checks in the GUI Settings (if you have the extensions plugin installed).

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country

Thanks...

I cleaned the installation cache from the MediaPortal Extension Installer. I then download all online update info. I then click on the update all extensions. Nothing changes to signify a change in the IMDB+ plugin.
    It did show a change to the LAV filters and that updated to the 0.44 release.

Sorry if I'm being a little slow here but doing the above should have shown a difference when I then install or try to update the IMDB+ plugin...?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Its got nothing to do with how you install it, you need to run MediaPortal. Updates are only done from with-in MediaPortal GUI.

If you got to the IMDb+ window, and check the Info button...it will report the last time it checked for updates. By default its every 24hrs. So if you are still under that amount you will have to wait...alternatively you can edit that value by clicking on the settings button. You can even change setting to update on every startup.

Attachments

• 21-05-30.jpg
      21-05-30.jpg
      102.3 KB
    • 21-05-36.jpg
      21-05-36.jpg
      111.3 KB
    • 21-06-24.jpg
      21-06-24.jpg
      103.2 KB

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country

I was being a little slow :D

Thanks for your help as I never knew about the extension plugin updater which is used from the GUI of MP. I now do and it is installed and I checked the IMDB+ plugin and changed it to update on startup and so I now have the updated scraper.

Thanks very much for your help :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

It actually works independent of the Extensions plugin....The Extensions plugin is only used to edit settings of different extensions that are installed using MPEI, it also allows you to update plugins from the GUI.

The IMDb+ plugin itself is what updates the script used in MovingPictures...its all a bit complicated to explain but as long as you got it working.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country

I think the confusion, on my part, wast o expect the MediaPortal Extension Installer to update the scraper and so did not expect or understand that it could be updated from the GUI of MP.

All done now and I have been able to add a few hundred films to the scraper and it is now updating the information from IMDB.

Also there might be a problem for those using the Avallonis skin, as reposted here...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/avalon-553/avallonis-avalon-mod-102366/index4.html#post833635

I have now changed to the StreamedMP skin

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country

I find it very confusing also.. I can't seem to update..

Just installed Extensions plugin. For IMDB+ I have now set it to check for updates on startup. Restarted MP and I can not see any updating happening? Should it prompt that it is updating?

Why can't I just install the update manually?

It would seem my issues may be related to Avallonis skin then.. but I still can't seem to update. Any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom