Forced Subtitles not Showing on Blurays (1 Viewer)

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey Guys-

I have been searching the forums from here to SlySoft to Doom9 and on and on for the better part of two weeks and have yet to find a solution... I'm not sure the root of the problem so I figured I'd post in general and it can always be moved if necessary. I have had this same post up on the Sly Forums for 2 days with no reply. Being that people here are generally very helpful, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me...

Typically, I use AnyDVD's "Rip to Image" to create an ISO. I then mount the ISO with CloneDrive and use Clown_BD to make movie-only rips (Bluray format) with highest level audio track and copy the result to the server. I play those back using MediaPortal 1.1.2 with the Bluray Handler PlugIn and SAF 5.00 SVN110103 codecs.

As the title indicates, I'm not getting forced subtitles.

The first movie I have noticed it on is Angels & Demons. This disc seems to have a very complex structure which is probably complicating things. I checked The DaVinci Code next and there are none there either. I haven't checked Avatar but I'm guessing the result is the same. Fortunately I only have about 10 blurays ripped so far. Obviously I want to make sure this is corrected before I keep going.

From what I have found here: Movie only, stream forcing (audio & Subtitles) - Page 2 - Doom9's Forum it seems as if there may be a flag that can be set to enable them during playback. I tried every option in the utility provided in that thread to no avail. I'm beginning to question if this info is even accurate at this point.

I have tried re-ripping several times in Clown_BD and nothing seems to work. I have the initial subtitles box "greyed" which as I understand should select only the forced subs which is all I want. I am NOT interested in ANY other subs. Though I find in step 3, all english subs are selected and I am leaving it that way. As you can see in the screenshot here: Upload Screenshot

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm tearing my hair out here....

Thanks in advance!!!

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    Per the suggestion of a user over at Sly, I loaded up my copy of PDVD 9.5 on the laptop and tried it out. The forced subs display fine there. I then tried the exact same files in MPC-HC and in MePo and nothing....

EDIT: After finding and enabling the setting in MPC-HC for "HDMV Embedded Subtitle" they display properly so this has to be a codec or MePo setting. Right?

EDIT:
    This is a screenshot from GraphEdit with it working in MPC-HC: http://ScrnSht.com/lcauzj
    This is a screenshot from GraphEdit with it NOT working in MePo: http://ScrnSht.com/fptiul

In the graph for MPC-HC, Gabest shows a "Presentation Graphics Stream" that connects to "TextPassThru" then to the FFDShow DXVA. Again, this works fine. In the graph under MePo, the same start is there but "TextPassThru" connects to a box labeled 0001 instead of up to DXVA. It seems to me as if this is the problem but not matter what I've tried I can't get them to connect.

I'm sure this is something simple...If anyone has an idea PLEASE let me know. Thanks!!

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    OK so maybe I was a little too hasty...

Angels & Demons works fine. Now if I go to a movie that doesn't have any forced subs (that I know of) like Transformers 1 or 2, the subs are on; all of them that is...

If I disable subs in MePo per your suggestion above (Config/Video/Subtitles - uncheck autoload subtitles), then the subs go away. Entirely. I loose the forced subs.

This ONLY happens on blurays. I have checked several different SD movies and they are all fine. Forced subs and nothing else.

Thanks again, hopefully this is an easy fix!!

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    After additional testing, I found that when I reinstalled SAF using saf500svn20110119_msvc2010, the versioning change MPegSplitter.ax broke the Bluray Handler plugin. It turns out that is the reason why my subs work at all. If I use the version of MPegSplitter.ax Sebastiii posted here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...iguration-issues-92200/index2.html#post703399 then the plug-in works but the subs are gone. Overall, I chalk this issue up to a problem in Bluray Handler. I will continue testing the plugin on my laptop which I use to test anything before implementing on the HTPC. One little glitch there and the wife gets very angry. LOL. I will post there accordingly.

Is there a way to fix the current issue though? Can the forced subs be displayed without displaying all subs in movies without forced? It's a real pain to have to manually turn them off on most every movie. Is there a reason that though you suggested turning off the subs in MePo this ONLY works if they are turned on?

Thanks in advance!!

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    Anyone? I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem!?!?!

I mean how difficult should it be to display ONLY forced subtitles on a Bluray? We've been doing it for years on standard def movies....

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Anyone? I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem!?!?!

I mean how difficult should it be to display ONLY forced subtitles on a Bluray? We've been doing it for years on standard def movies....

If you are using SAF5:
    - make sure you have subtitles enabled durning SAF setup
    - start your blue-ray - double click on FFDshow (FFDshow DxVA) icon in systray - subtitles - uncheck all except Closed Caption

Should be working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom