Foreign language support for plugin and rename system (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    CALLING ALL TRANSLATORS :D

Ok, this week I hope to get started on adding in rename database support for the foreign languages. To make this work I need help from the community to translate things.

The IMDb+ plugin uses the following file:

And I need help translating that into the following languages:

1. en.xml for English (British) -- will take aquilan's word for it :)
    2. de.xml for German -- just need the few new entries for rating system translated
    3. es.xml for Spanish -- just need the few new entries for rating system translated
    4. fr.xml for French -- all done
    5. it.xml for Italian
    6. pt_PT.xml for Portuguese -- just need the few new entries for rating system translated
    7. pt_BR.xml for Portuguese (Brazil) -- just need the few new entries for rating system translated
    8. se.xml for Swedish -- just need the few new entries for rating system translated
    9. is.xml for Icelandic -- just need the few new entries for rating system translated
    10. nl.xml for Dutch -- just need the few new entries for rating system translated

If anybody from the above languages feels brave enough, you can also start translating the movie rename database file. There are currently 1321 movie title entries, so do not take this task lightly. I would actually recommend that you post a reply if you plan to start working on this, so that you not only end up doing double work, but can perhaps team up with eachoter and each do a section/letter.

No sense in doing all the work by yourself :cool:

:D

aquilan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.0.1

And I need help translating that into the following languages:

1. en.xml for English (British), I can probably get away with the existing en-US.xml, but if somebody from the UK can spot any errors, please let me know.

RoChess, I checked your en-US.xml file but couldn't find anything that needed translating to 'proper' English ;) so I think you'll be safe enough keeping your current 'en-us' file without having to split it into UK and US. There were a couple of minor spelling mistakes but these were only within your REM lines so won't affect what is displayed within the GUI.

The "T" list is coming along nicely by the way. I must say though that after ploughing through entries like 'The Gift' and 'The Hound Of The Baskervilles' you have to wonder how you haven't gone mad doing all the previous letters. I know I got a headache just seeing the IMDB listing for those films, let alone trying to sort them.

Apologies for not having it completed yet but it's been a bit hectic for me this last week. Let me know if you're any closer to requiring it and in the meantime I'll keep ploughing on.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Well, here is my Icelandic translation.

Edit: And I was thinking about changing the scraper logic for kvikmyndir.is that you, RoChess, included in this great plugin. The certification for US is sometime so different the certification for Iceland. E.q. Extract (tt1225822), has certification of R in US, but in Iceland, it got a G certification. http://kvikmyndir.is/mynd/?id=5412

Attachments

• is.xml
      17.7 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Well, here is my Icelandic translation.

Edit: And I was thinking about changing the scraper logic for kvikmyndir.is that you, RoChess, included in this great plugin. The certification for US is sometime so different the certification for Iceland. E.q. Extract (tt1225822), has certification of R in US, but in Iceland, it got a G certification. Kvikmyndir - Kvikmyndir.is

Ok, will add it to the SVN for inclusion into next plugin release.

As for the certification system. I made the IMDb+ scraper-script look for the actual Icelandic rating at imdb.com, but when none exists (which occurs often), it uses a rudementary translation system to convert the MPAA ratings over to an Icelandic one. It looks like when I added in Icelandic title support via Kvikmyndir.is I forgot to update the certification system that was already in place.

So will get to that and fix it :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok Icelandic added to SVN.

If you want to use this language right now, be sure to download the file from SVN because I had to correct the file that kjarrig supplied.

http://imdbplus.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/IMDb+/Languages/is.xml

So just down to Portugese and Brazillian Portugese and then I can release a new plugin (prefer to have all the languages incorporated before I do)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom