Foreign language support for plugin and rename system (2 Viewers)

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Re : Foreign language support for plugin and rename system

Tell me if I'm wrong but it seems that nobody has made the French translation (fr.xml) file.

I found nothing here : imdbplus - Revision 240: /trunk/IMDb+/Languages and only "en-US.xml" into "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\IMDb+"

I'll be really proud to contribute at this great plugin by doing the French translation. Tell me if it's needed.

Bye!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Re : Foreign language support for plugin and rename system

Tell me if I'm wrong but it seems that nobody has made the French translation (fr.xml) file.

Yes, still missing French and Italian. So if you feel up for it, please do :)

Be sure to use the en-US.xml file from that SVN location so that you always have the current revision as a basis for your French one.

PS: If you update your IMDb+ plugin you will get the other languages in the local location as well, as they are included with v1.4.239.

:D

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Ok I'll do the job. I'll try to update the plugin tomorrow pm.

I thing that I can get the French file ready for the end of the week.

@+

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Looks like I messed up with the MPEI package, and because I had already manually put the language files in place I did not notice it, until I helped somebody do a clean install and only en-US.xml file showed.

But I've updated the MPEI package xmp2 file already, so once you provide me with the French language file and I'm able to get the Italian one and updated versions of the other languages I'll release a new IMDb+ plugin, hopefully with some enhancements added as well.

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Ok that's why I couldn't find the files with the last release installed.

I've just started to make the translation into a copy of en-US.xml and I tried to use my file instead of en-US.xml to check that it's ok into MP and MP still displaying the English sentences... strange! :confused: Is your code already reading the en-US.xml file? I suppose!

I tried with StreamedMP and Default skin without success.

Here is the complete path to the file :

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\IMDb+\en-US.xml

Hereby you'll find a copy of the file I'm tring to test.

Attachments

• en-US.xml
      20.1 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Re : Foreign language support for plugin and rename system

I've just started to make the translation into a copy of en-US.xml and I tried to use my file instead of en-US.xml to check that it's ok into MP and MP still displaying the English sentences... strange! :confused: Is your code already reading the en-US.xml file? I suppose!

You have to rename the file to "fr.xml" to match the language setting you use in MediaPortal (assuming you configured MePo to use French).

If you look at the IMDb+.log file you can also see this reflected via: (date) (time) [MPMain][1][Info] Using language en-US (using my own log file entry as an example with English (US) set as MePo language)

It is when no language file exists (or the language file has missing values), that the hardcoded 'English' values are used from the plugin itself.

PS: If you have 'English' selected as MePo language, then you need to use "en.xml" as filename. But in this case you should configure MePo to use 'French' as language and use "fr.xml" for filename to match.

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re : Re: Re : Foreign language support for plugin and rename system

It is when no language file exists (or the language file has missing values), that the hardcoded 'English' values are used from the plugin itself.

Ok that's why it doesn't work with en-US.xmk. I renamed the file into fr.xml and it's now ok!

I'll send you the file when the job is completely done! ;)

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Hereby, you'll find the French translation file.

Bye!

Attachments

• fr.xml
      21.3 KB

dncv

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Maia
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hi,RoChess

Translation done with the missing lines, I hope that everything is ok.

Regards.

Attachments

• pt-PT.xml
      20.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom