Forum skin matching website (1 Viewer)

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Helmut,

okay - maybe we are not talking about the same thing ...

1. I am in the list of unread topics, I am using HELIUS, I am clicking on a topic and reading the topic. Then I go back to the list of topics. Now the topic I did read has a slightly DIFFERENT colour. The icon is the same.

2. I am in the list of unread topics, I am using MEDIAPORTAL, I am clicking on a topic and reading the topic. Then I go back to the list of topics. Now the font, the colour of the topic is UNCHANGED. The icon is UNCHANGED.

I am using Firefox. But I do have the same behaviour in Internet Explorer. I did check the setting as you described. I am on "Automatisch".

The only things with the Icons I can see is that some of them are dithering. But I don't know when they do that. It is NOT in conjunction with having read that topic or not.

Again: there is a standard function in html for visited links respectively in CSS. Wouldn't it be possible to use that?

Design is also very important for me but it should not suppress important basic funtions.

thanks+regards
WeWe

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I will make the visited links have a different color from the not visited links. It is indeed just a CSS thingy. But note that this is not a "new reply" indication. It just tells you that the topic was never visited before.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mr. Mitchell, I still do see nothing :shock:

Two possibilities from here:

a) you already implemented that and still it does not work for me

b) you did not yet do it

please tick a or b :wink:

thanks+regards