Forum style update & Attachment cleanup <=31.12.2014 (1 Viewer)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As you may have noticed, we updated the forum-style here last night after it became clear that the old one has too many flaws in several areas to be fixed. Especially the mobile view was affected by that. Not that much changes elsewhere (mostly minor restyling) so i guess you figured them out already. Just some short hints:
    -Everybody prefers a different font-face/font-size for reading, you are now able to choose within Preferences:
    2015-12-17 08_35_02-Create Thread _ MediaPortal Forum.png 2015-12-17 08_36_12-Create Thread _ MediaPortal Forum.png
    Same for content size, it's always hard to find a usable wide for a forum while some prefer small for readability while others want to go full screen. You have some options now:
    2015-12-17 09_15_22-Create Thread _ MediaPortal Forum.png
    -default avatars are now generated based on username. Makes it easier to separate while reading a thread.

If you stumble upon any bugs let us know please.

---

Furthermore I want to announce that we will once again start cleaning attachments next days based on filename & date. This includes especially logs (for example *MediaPortalLogs*, *logs*.zip or *.logs) and some large installers (mainly skins) uploaded before 31.12.2014 when more recent ones are available. This affects posts and conversations.
    Images or small attachments that are not log-related will be kept, even before 2014.
    If something gets accidentally deleted or you know something that needs to be kept for whatever reason please drop me a PM, I will keep any file available on a backup-system.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you stumble upon any bugs let us know please.
    If I use "What's New" to list new posts, and select "English Forums only", near the bottom of the page there is a clickable "button" labelled "Top", which previously would scroll to the top of the page. It now seems to do nothing... :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @breese,
    Regarding the right two buttons, the upper one works for me in terms of moving me back to the top of the list. The lower one does nothing.

@high ,
    @morpheus_xx mentioned in another thread that the MP2 icons have disappeared from the thread overview screen.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    in case someone has issues with the sticky navigation, there is a personal setting in preferences now:
    2015-12-19 00_21_48-Microsoft Edge.png

also related: fixed a bug in IE where the navigation bounce on mouse-scroll

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Would it be possible to add a "serif" font to the font choice list? It seems all choices are sans serif, which are hard for me to read.

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In my case, not needing Cyrillic, the first would be sufficient and is smaller causing less impact on the servers. But if only one is offered, then the second will serve more readers.

But since many (most?) readers are on Windows PCs, using native fonts would be even better, such as Times New Roman or Bookman Old Style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom