[Approved] Framegrabber improvement - Capture from UI when Video is minimized or running in Mini-display (1 Viewer)

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    I am with you. The latest patch runs on my 4 HTPC and the WAF is very very high

I have also double checked the code from a performance view and from Video Mode Switcher and Auto3D.

All should be running well, the only throwback is that we loose backwards compatibility.

pOpY

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey @Lightning303

How does the patch runs on your system?
    In my case i had not a single problem!

Would be nice to hear your feedback so maybe we can discuss the patch and compatibility drawbacks with the MP team.

thx
    pOpY

Last edited:

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Runs as expected, no problems on my end.
    thx, so its time to discuss the drawbacks which are:

From OP:

Compatibility:
    Its nessacary to use the new patched core and patched Atmolight plugin.
    So when this patch finds its way into a new MP version ALL users must use new Atmolight version.
    I have gone this way because its a CLEANER way of implementation and from performance view.
    So there is NO legacy support for older MP version from Atmolights view and the other way round.

We (Lightning303 and I) have tried to get legacy support working, but without luck.
    It seems that an event MUST have the same "parameters" and count, So the plugin must be compiled against the latest core -> no backwards compatibility to older MP and/or Atmolight plugin versions.

but ill think this should be no problem because if this is stated in the release notes as a red text, every user was warend :p

@Sebastiii or @HomeY can you please jump in here ;)

thx
    pOpY

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    We need a branch :) and so the review will be created too :)
    Do we need to bump plugin ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom