Tools and other software Free TS (mpeg2=H.264) Editing software. (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This has been asked many a time, what can I use to easily cut\edit .ts files, one that does both mpeg2 and h.264.

Well I have started this thread to get individual idea's on what to use and why, so hopefully some good feedback.

My recommendation is TSSniper, its freeware and very simple to cut out adverts and save back to .ts, which in this version is the only format supported, but then its quick as no conversion is done.

sshot-34.jpg

And of course Handbrake if you wish to then convert to a smaller h.264 file.

Now whats yours, remembering that price matters :)

:D

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Great idea for a thread... I have tried MCEBuddy but I had continual issues with audio/video synchronicity...

So, I've tried TSSniper... And, I get DirectShow issues (despite installing ffdshow and Haali media splitter). Any ideas?

I thought about trying Project X, but I'm not sure HD recordings are currently supported.

So, I think I might try VideReDo (but this appears to cost $'s after a trial period).

Anyway, any other suggestions re TSSniper, or other utilities to try I'm all ears! :)

Cheers,

dh

orangekors

April 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I use iWisoft Free Video Converter. It's simple to use, free and supports lots of file extension.
    I use it to cut and edit my recorded tv shows and save it in mpeg4 format to make the files smaller.

I dont understand why nobody has made an extension to Mediaportal that can do this though.

butter1093

April 22, 2011
    Tssniper is good tool for cutting mts files, but i can only cut at GOP boundaries (not frame accurate), only cut at I-frames so I've always used direct stream copy, no re-encoding. Sometimes, my jobs need me cut recordings with frame accurate, I frame, b frame or p frame, then i just use Aunsoft Final Mate to help me do it.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    previously i used handbreak to convert to mkv, then used an mkv splitter, but it only cuts @ i-frames, so sometimes u get 1 sec of unwanted video

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I dont understand why nobody has made an extension to Mediaportal that can do this though.
    VideoRedo has a plugin:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/myvideoredo

I think MP may have had a built in editor at one time in the past. Could be wrong about that. Editors are complex (meaning a fair amount of dev-effort is required to maintain them) and there are already good ones out there. Also making or distributing codecs (decoders and encoders) generally requires a licence which costs lots of money.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I find it much easier editing outside of MediaPortal anyway. I guess MyVideoReDo might be great if you've got no way to RDP/VNC into the machine and use VideoReDo or some other editor but it's much quicker and easier doing it that way if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom