Tools and other software Free TS (mpeg2=H.264) Editing software. (1 Viewer)

Buzzard2020

Portal Member
October 22, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ive tried these suggestions but had no luck with HD recordings and limited success with SD. All I need is a program to chop off the start and end buffer recording, and possibly chop out the adverts without any conversion to other formats, anything out there thats free or not too pricey. I tried to convert some recordings with Handbrake so i could edit them in a program I have that doesnt like .ts, but Handbrake made a mess of the image and the sound was out of sync on some. I assume I had the settings incorrect, any advice on this as a backup plan.

Buzzard2020

Portal Member
October 22, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Stumbled upon a program called H.264 TSCutter, its freeware and so far after several edits it seems to do exacly what I want with no issues. It edits both HD and SD recordings with no issues as of yet. I will post again once I have used it more and report any issues.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've been using VideoReDo TVSuite H.264 (legal) on a second computer for commercial removal. Broadcasters are getting savvy about comskip utilities and are constantly bumping commercials up against programming without any breaks whatsoever. I find it faster to manually skip through the recording, rather than using Ad-Detective, mark and remove commercials. It does a fair job at remuxing to h.264, but the files always end up larger than Handbrake. So I batch the edits in VideoReDo, then batch Handbrake to convert overnight, then use Renamer to sort the episodes for TV-Series. Any recordings that we don't save for TV-Series, we just use the skip feature in MP to get through commercials.

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    For me, I have MCE Buddy convert .ts to .avi, then use avidemux to remove ads.

I do it manually, cannot seem to get automatic ad removal to work reliably, but for an hour tv show, probably takes me 2 minutes.

Haven't watched live TV for ages (except the news) cause we have gotten very used to no ads

Nosferax

Portal Member
    April 11, 2009
    Beauharnois, Quebec, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've been using VideoReDo TVSuite H.264 (legal) on a second computer for commercial removal. Broadcasters are getting savvy about comskip utilities and are constantly bumping commercials up against programming without any breaks whatsoever. I find it faster to manually skip through the recording, rather than using Ad-Detective, mark and remove commercials. It does a fair job at remuxing to h.264, but the files always end up larger than Handbrake. So I batch the edits in VideoReDo, then batch Handbrake to convert overnight, then use Renamer to sort the episodes for TV-Series. Any recordings that we don't save for TV-Series, we just use the skip feature in MP to get through commercials.

They do worst than that... Now, they advertise the show you are presently watching before they start showing you the commercial advertisement, making it near impossible to know if you are still watching the show or the advertisement of the show (Discovery Science is the worst in that regard).

Beside, make sure that you are excluding the channel logo zone from the Ad-Detective active zone and also don't forget to train it by scanning a 3 minutes section that includes some commercials for each file that you want to process.

Alain

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TS Doctor is the one you want! Not free but awesome!

Joutungwu

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The actual Avidemux version can handle h.264 TS quite good. Unfortunatly, cutting function isn't frame accurate. Only I-Frames could be used.

For mpeg2-TS I still like to use ProjectX for demuxing, analysing, corrections and Cuttermaran with QuEnc Encoder for Frame accuracy. It does perfect commercial cuttings. Especially if there are overlapping movie scenes after the commercial, some annoying stuff could be avoided. By using a camera movie scene cut for cutting, it often looks as if there was never an unwanted part between. Cuttermaran can mux it to a mpeg2 file or the cutted elementary streams could be authored to a DVD with DVDAuthorGUI easily. I wish that would be possible for h.264 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom