Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: LG 60PK250
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi guys,

i recently changed my environment and bought a new pc and installed FreeNAS 8.2.
I tried to move all files from my HTPC to the new machine. For this I configured a RAID-Z1 on the NAS and shared it over CIFS/Samba.
Afterwards I sent all files to my NAS and had a pretty good transfer-speed (around 85MB/s).

So far so good. Everything worked as expected.
But if I start a stream it needs about 10s to start the movie and then the stream is jerky. But why? As I wrote my speed is very good!

Anyone have some experiences about FreeNAS 8 and MediaPortal? Can I change the way MovingPictures plays a file (for example buffering?

Thanks

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I used to use FreeNAS, and I had a complete hell of a time accessing files from it, especially from my Mac. I gave up in the end.

I am sorry that is not much use to you, but I thought that since you had got no responses I would post my experiences for you.

If you want to know if it is a problem with MediaPortal, you will need to post your logs.

Robbo100

nimroder

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2010
    Thanks for your reply.

On my Mac it works wonderful using NFS. Maybe this helps you if you want to try again.
    Right now I transfer all data to the NAS again (this time without compression and speed around 100MB/s) and going to try again with a fresh install.

By the way it's not a problem of the NAS because it works without problems on my receiver which only has a 100MBit network.

I'll let you know if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom