Freesat (2 Viewers)

smiler3k

Portal Member
January 17, 2008
Lancashire
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi people i think there is forums on this subject but i cant seem to find a clear answer.
Im thinking about using the new freesat (not from sky) and am not sure what i need.
As far as i gather all i need is a dvb-s or dvb-s2 card and no need for a cam.
Can anyone help me out on this please.

jsimo01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    DVB-S card for Standard Definition, DVB-S2 if you want HDTV (BBC HD) as well. No you don't need a CAM.

smiler3k

Portal Member
    January 17, 2008
    Lancashire
    Home Country
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    I have a dish set up from a previous sky installation. I believe that will work is that true.

jsimo01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Yes, just install the card, plug in the satellite feed and you should be set to go!

PeteA

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    Kent
    Home Country
    Yep the dish for Sky works fine, when yoy install your card just do a channel scan on Astra 28.2 and you will get ALL the fta channels up there. The other thing you will need to do is to download DJBlu's Sky/Freesat TSWriter so you can get the Freesat EPG, found here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-91/sky-uk-uk-freesat-epg-43261/ this works really well and if you combine it with a freeview card you get the channels that are missing from freesat.

regards

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    Worth pointing out here that you don't *need* an S2 card at the moment for HD - however it's still a good idea (I went this route) as I believe when C4 HD goes FTA it'll require S2...

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    I have a Technisat Skystar HD2 which seems to work well with TV Server.

Is there any news on C4 HD? I thought it would be broadcasting by now, but no sign of it.
    Rich

strontium

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    UK
    C4 HD is only available on SKY HD. It is an encrypted channel at present, and uses dvb-s2. It is assumed that at some point it will become FTA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom