Freeview digital interactive red button MHEG (1 Viewer)

ingenious

November 9, 2006
Really looking forward to seeing your results.

Only thing I could think of for future at such an early stage would be making it compatible with the teletext system on the analog side, you know when you hit your tx button you can view analog text. On a digital card if you kept consistency it could jump into MHEG mode. Dont know if its easily possible or could just as easily be put in later on just an idea.

Keep up the good work. :cool:

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
My original plan was to port the redbutton source, which does provide a full ASN1 (DER) -> MHEG5 decode implementation (which is a good start) but the code needed to do this is very C specific, which means I'd have to rewrite TONS!. I will however, probably use the code for carousel reading (rb-download), which I don't think is in MediaPortal yet, but I could be mistaken.

Just a quick update I'm about 1/4 way through the Free MHEG library port. Once that is complete I was going to write two plugins for MP. One for the new TV Server to provide carousel objects as a sort of HTTP server and one for the frontend as the actual MHEG browser. Anyone got any other ideas?
A few years down the line, and any luch McGoober? Did you end up giving up on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom