Freezing MP after Standby (1.6 - 1.7.1) + TVMovie (1 Viewer)

cerberus

Portal Pro
October 18, 2008
BW
Home Country
Germany Germany
Since MP 1.6 i have the problem that MP freezes after standby. Meanwhile, I have 1.7.1 and still remains the same problem, every few days MP stand. Switching to master volume and MP delay 20 seconds, etc. I tested unsuccessfully. The MP watchdog does not recognize the crash, so the PC is often throughout the day on and no longer goes into standby.

Furthermore, since MP 1.5 the Tv Movie import no longer works. I also tried Tv Movie +++ plugin tested what no EPG data is updated.

I have attached a detailed log file. Example: On 14.5.2014 at 23:53 clock MP is frozen, but I could not find any error in the log file at this time.

Can anyone help me?

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Bit of a long shot, but I had an ongoing problem with MP freezing after resume from standby (not just in recent versions - it was doing it ages ago, probably back to 1.2 or 1.3). I recently changed my IP address setup from router-controlled fixed address via DHCP to a static address set on the PC and that seems to have cured the problem.

cerberus

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2008
    BW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for answering. I have got a fixed IP, no dhcp. I wonderd because I had no problems with versions lower than 1.6 - nothing changed in my hardware, and I don´t have a AVR. My PC is directly attached to my TV via HDMI.

Any more ideas - especial to my TVMovie problem?

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the freeze issues try 1.71 or 1.8pre - much more stable at going into standby and resume

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom