freezing (1 Viewer)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
online videos freezes MP. to reproduce:
atempt to play a video (I use the site "watch-series" or "watch-movies")
this movie takes a long time to load (buffering a lof more than is set in the settings) (some work fine but some have this problem)
press esc
the video stops loading but mediaportal no longer responds (though task manager does not say "not responding")
the only way to continue as far as I've found is to kill MP with taskmanager.

I already wrote an autohotkey script to kill MP when it becomes unresponsive, very uesfull but doesn't get round this one as it does not detect it as not responding, although MP does act that way.

I can try to get some logs later, its just a bit in peoples wy when I want to go colecting logs and reproducing problems rather than just restarting and trying again (which generaly works although inside watch-series I would select a different source)

on a side not is it normal that when I set it to buffer 1% in the online videos settings it almost never starts playing at 1%, usualy just a little more?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've had my share of these too, especially with hosters which do not cooperate...
    Offbyone did some fixing, and haven't had a hanging MP since (running svn version). So be patient 'till the next release.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    looking foward to the next version then, unless someone could post the SVN version files...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom