French scraper Media-Passion needs help (1 Viewer)

Acteo

Portal Pro
August 15, 2005
Echiré, France
Home Country
France France
Hello,
Xbmc fr team has made a new database version (ciné-passion to media passion). Scraper for moving pictures almost still works but since MP 1.3, accents (é,è,à, Comédie vs Comédie and in summaries...) are not correct.

Can someone help us ?

Attachments

• Ciné_Passion password.txt
    5.8 KB
Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Check the encoding on your <retrieve> then.

You might need to enforce ISO-8859-1 for example. Those extra chars are UTF endians (if I am using the right term). Check the MovPic scraper writers guide on the wiki for all the tech details on what to use.

tiennou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    First line, add :
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    Does it works ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Acteo, since Amazon decided to kill imdb.fr I can no longer add French summary to IMDb+.

Since Media-Passion does offer the ability to use Movie.Search with IMDb tt-ID via their API, I could use them.

However due to the whole XML scraper-script nature, I would be forced to expose the username and SHA hashed password to the world due to the open source nature of IMDb+. I can hide this via PHP proxy script, but perhaps the SHA hash is enough to furfill the demans of Media-Passing in keeping things on the up-and-up.

I just lack a proper understanding of French language to get this sorted out, but you have already done most of it yourself. Can you help me get to the next step?

Acteo

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2005
    Echiré, France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks RoChess
    Asking for help at Xbmc forum, i saw the problem was not only for MP users but for few scraper xbmc users as well.
    I don't remember exactly how but the accents problem is now solved and scraper still working.
    Otherwise i would have been pleased to work with you !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom