From MayaHD to aMPed.....and here to stay. (1 Viewer)

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi all,

Been using Maya/MayaHD for years......but now I've jumped shipped......to AMPed. I'm very picky and it's with pleasure I've finally found another skin I really like (I'm running MP 1.4).

I can't keep my hands off the XML and aMPed is no different, so hopefully I can contribute at some point. I've already tweaked the EPG as I like more rows than the 10 max.

Ian.

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    thx IanJ -

I can't keep my hands off the XML and aMPed is no different, so hopefully I can contribute at some point.
    Now that would be awesome!!! aMPed is designed particularly to be customized, so almost everything is done using styles, and common windows (even the backdrops and overlays) When you look at a specific skin xml you may find it quite 'slim' and that's why. You can almost turn aMPed into a new skin just by copying the references.xml and redefining the styles you want. Unfortunately supporting multiple screen and font sizes dictates some design principles - but you can always override that by modifying some things for your preferred screen/font size like 2BitSculptor has done in his True 4x3 Mod.

Anyways if you get stuck/lost where some things are in aMPed, just holler!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom