From time to time Black Screen when watching TV (1 Viewer)

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi There,

i've a problem with a black Screen when watching full-screen TV. The audio plays fine but the screen stays black. Sometimes a tune to another channel helps, sometime only a restart.
    The problem occurs roughly 2 out of 10 times and solely after a fresh MP-Start.
    I'm running MP on three different clients and all of them have this problem.
    I managed to reproduce the error while starting MP with the WatchDog so i'm able to provide the logs attached.
    Hopefully this helps?!

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Hotkey

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Hotkey

The reason for the black screen seems likely to be related to encryption and/or codecs.
    Due to your decryption method, we will not be able to help you with this problem unless you can reproduce it with "the plugin" completely disabled.

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your reply. Is it sufficient to reproduce it with an unencrypted channel?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it sufficient to reproduce it with an unencrypted channel?
    No, because all streams pass through the plugin. Therefore it can potentially cause problems even with unencrypted channels. The easiest way to disable is to stop the TV service, rename the folder (to prevent the plugins from loading), then restart the TV service. After that you can attempt to reproduce with an unencrypted channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom